Author Topic: Which Option Should Allow Bluetooth Headset As Mic In Vox Wav Pro?  (Read 4300 times)

Simeon Tuitt

• Contributor
    • View Profile
    • Simeon Tuitt Home Automation
Hi James,

I have been trying to use a Bluetooth headset as the mic on my S5 mobile to issue commands to vox wav pro but the audio isn't going through. I am getting audio from the TTS but the mic isn't sending anything over. I have been through every voice option 3 times and still nothing, so which setting should be the one selected for sending Bluetooth audio through to vox wav pro.

Can you also cover what the other Mic settings are for or when they would be used or send a link to a wiki on them.

Cheers.
Sim
 8)
Simeon Tuitt Is An Information Product Creator From The UK Who Took His Skills From Online Business Automation And Applied It To Automating A Smart Home.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: Which Option Should Allow Bluetooth Headset As Mic In Vox Wav Pro?
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2015, 08:41:18 AM »
You cannot use a Bluetooth headset mic with VoxWav.

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Getting Started with VoxCommando
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2015, 09:37:53 AM »
@Sim, in case you're having difficulty finding the documentation for VoxWav, it's on the wiki here: http://voxcommando.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=VoxWav
TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)

Simeon Tuitt

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2015, 09:49:16 AM »
Ahhh, at least its not me going crazy then not being able to get it to work.  8) 

I thought theoretically it would work if vox wav was set to open mic listen mode and then Bluetooth headset was connected in hands free mode because that replaces the voice input.

I am having issues getting vox to hear anything done with Bluetooth connected to the computer on windows 8 so was going to connect through voxwav from a tablet instead using bluetooth.

I've bought a Bluetooth watch, you know those ones that let you answer your phone with hands free, they have a built in mic and speaker, so you can link them to computer as a mic and speaker.

Thought it would be a cool to get one working with vox since you can pick one up for $20, also got a wireless Bluetooth speaker and did try a car hands free speaker but audio input is always too low and distorted to be picked up by vox possibly due to Bluetooth compressing audio.

I've even tried boosting Bluetooth hands free voice input through voice meeter by outputting voice meeter audio into vox but the audio just comes out distorted sounding.
Simeon Tuitt Is An Information Product Creator From The UK Who Took His Skills From Online Business Automation And Applied It To Automating A Smart Home.

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)

Simeon Tuitt

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2015, 10:20:31 AM »
@nime5ter Thanks for that info, appreciated, should copying my vox folder and just opening the other engine and installing it give me access to my already copied command tree or will there be something else I need to do to have access to all my commands I have made in standard version?

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2015, 10:28:47 AM »
You can do that. You'll probably want to purge your cache and keep in mind the fact that SP does not permit commands that use open dictation.

http://voxcommando.com/forum/index.php?topic=1875.msg16252#msg16252

Simeon Tuitt

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2015, 03:04:36 PM »
@ nime5ter Thanks for the information, I changed to SP version and that fixed my audio issues so now I can use my Bluetooth watches built in microphone and another USB mic that wasn't working on the standard version, but now as you say I can't use open dictaction so my web searches with custom payloads no longer work.

Does that mean that our groceries and reminders xml won't work anymore either or will it work still if it has a payload list but anything that involves me dictating speech to type is now a no go.

Any other things that won't work now with SP version?

Cheers.
Sim  8)

PegLegTV

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2015, 03:30:51 PM »
Does that mean that our groceries and reminders xml won't work anymore either or will it work still if it has a payload list but anything that involves me dictating speech to type is now a no go

if your are referring to "Reminders with a memory"
NOTE: if you are using voxcommandoSP.exe you will need to change the payloaddictation in the "Remind me" command to a payload list and add a list of reminders you would set like "walk the dog, take out the trash, check the food"
http://voxcommando.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Version_2#Choice_of_speech_engines

Simeon Tuitt

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2015, 03:43:33 PM »
Hi @PegLegTV  thanks for the tip, I couldn't get reminders with a memory working on standard it never triggered any I set and when asked about reminders went into some loop counting down for ages, so shelved using it but will be trouble shooting it later as I want to use it and will try it on sp version and see how that goes, so will update that thread with details of how I get on.  8)

It is looking like the SP version will be the one I use long term since its the version that allows me to use different mics with 100% accuracy, I had to change a few commands on standard just because of the way it interpreted certain words.

PegLegTV

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2015, 05:18:36 PM »
I'm looking into a problem with the math part of the command, for some reason it can use 01,02,03,04,05,06,07 but not 08,09 as inputs for math, I reported it as a bug so we will see if its with VC or python, if its python I will look into rebuilding and seeing it I can make it simpler, as you could tell it was quite a large group and a lot of actions which can slow down VC on Smaller PC's

Simeon Tuitt

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2015, 12:54:27 AM »
Hi @PegLegTV not to worry, I will be testing it again in a few days and will give you some feedback then on how I get on. I have been playing about with whole house wireless mics and smart watches to control vox lately but the reminders with memory is deffo something I want to be able to use now I can just talk into my watch to input to vox.  8)