Author Topic: Tado Heating Control With Robo Browser Help Needed Getting Error To Update  (Read 6587 times)

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Getting Started with VoxCommando
My point was only that I can't tell you why it isn't properly logging in if you don't show the part where it is trying to log in.

If you entered your username and password info where indicated in the commands that James posted above, the command group should work as follows:

1. When you first launch VC, the 1st command is automatically triggered. It is just invisibly setting up the Tado RoboBrowser, in preparation for you to issue your thermostat command.
2. When you issue the "Turn thermostat to auto/off/manual mode" voice command, the command checks to see whether you still need to log in or whether you're already logged in (by checking whether the Tado Robobrowser is stuck on the sign-in page or whether it is able to navigate properly to the control panel page).

If you are not yet logged in, it should automatically log in for you, by triggering the "sign-in to Tado" command. Once it has signed in, it will automatically navigate to the control panel page and complete your request. If you are already signed in, it will immediately complete your request.

So, by not giving us your full log (as the wiki instructions indicate that users should do) you prevent us from seeing whether it properly recognizes that you are not signed in and attempts to sign in. All we can see is the last part of the command failing. The last part of the command is always going to fail if it's not logging in properly -- or there could be some other reason. Without being able to see the complete execution of the entire script, there is no way for us to deduce the problem.

... Yes, the log will have your login info in it if you have entered those into the VC command where indicated. It will show your email address and the password you use. That information you can redact, but as you're still learning how VC works and don't seem to quite understand the command structure yet, it is better for you to let us decide what log information is relevant and what isn't.

If you're concerned about the length of the log, you can restart VC and then immediately execute the Tado commands and then close VC right away. That way the log should be a reasonable length.
TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
You can also mail the log to me privately, so you don't have to worry about your log being posted publicly on the forum, just in case there is something private in there.  I have no interest in your passwords etc. :)

Simeon Tuitt

• Contributor
    • View Profile
    • Simeon Tuitt Home Automation
Thanks @nime5ter and James. @nime5ter I don't mind sending mods my log but if I had posted the entire log initially not knowing my login credentials were contained they would of been public which isn't something I would want and although my log should be short it is quite long after just starting as I have a lot in there, thanks for taking the time to cover things in this thread though @nime5ter, appreciate it.  8)

So you guys cool with me PMing anything that has login details or private information in future?

James I will send the log over later Today, sure I can trust you, don't you guys leave your doors open unlocked over there, lol?

it is 5:29am here now in the UK and heading to bed now. I worked out the issue with the IP cameras and how to get them working as whole home mics, I updated the thread in the whole home mics section with the info to do it if you want to try using your IP camera as an open air mic for vox.  8)
Simeon Tuitt Is An Information Product Creator From The UK Who Took His Skills From Online Business Automation And Applied It To Automating A Smart Home.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
So you guys cool with me PMing anything that has login details or private information in future?

Once we've established that we need to see a log, or something else that might be considered sensitive information, then yes, it's fine to PM or email it to us.

Just to be clear though, we are not cool with people PMing anyone with support requests.

Haddood

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Here's a more or less complete solution for setting your 3 Tado modes.  It includes logging in automatically, and letting you set the mode to off, auto, or manual.

You'll need to edit the "Sign in to Tado" command to use your username and password.

just wondering if this is ready to be added to the Gems  8)
When Voice command gets tough, use hand gestures

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
It works for me.  I'm still waiting to find out why it doesn't work for Mr. Tuitt.

It could be user error, or it might be about adjusting delays etc.