Author Topic: Voxwav tans microphone trigger  (Read 1939 times)

Darthvuder2

• View Profile
Voxwav tans microphone trigger
« on: May 16, 2015, 11:43:27 PM »
Hello anyone,
I have vox commando 2.1.4.5 and voxwav pro
I have a usb microphone hooked up to my main computer and voxwav pro in another room

I am attempting to trigger an event from one unified phrase with different actions based on whether the input is coming from voxwav or the computer microphone (ie lights on when in the living room with the computer will turn on those lights while "lights on" in the kitchen will turn on a different light

Using the tcpmic.wavready event with payload I could theoretically set a user defined variable that would correspond to my vera device id  that another command would use to determine which lights come on (ie setvar whichmachine = 2 for kitchen and my command would turn on device #2 in the kitchen

I seem to be able to set the variable correctly but on testing there are two problems:

1) if the device recognizing the command is voxwav, then the tcpmic.wavready command seems to repeat multiple times. No big deal as the variable just gets set multiple times but I don't know why it's doing that

2) when the input comes through the computer microphone there is recognition on the computer but then this triggers recognition on the voxwav device in another room and the tcpmic.wavready event generates anyway. I am positive that this is not a matter of the voxwav also hearing the command at the same time from the other room as I can disconnect my microphone from my computer and no commands at all are recognized after that.

any ideas?

PegLegTV

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Re: Voxwav tans microphone trigger
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2015, 02:13:11 AM »
if you could share the command you have made, that would make it a lot easier to fully understand what is happening,

how to post a command: http://voxcommando.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=XML_on_the_forum

or you could try something similar to whats below

in the logic block of the command where it says "YOUR_VOXWAV_IP_ADDRESS" change that to your voxwav device IP Address

when using voxwav it carries your device IP Address as payload 1,

Code: [Select]
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?>
<!--VoxCommando 2.1.4.5-->
<command id="891" name="one command two actions" enabled="true" alwaysOn="False" confirm="False" requiredConfidence="0" loop="False" loopDelay="0" loopMax="0" description="">
  <if ifBlockDisabled="False" ifNot="False">
    <ifType>(A)==(B)</ifType>
    <ifParams>{1}&amp;&amp;YOUR_VOXWAV_IP_ADDRESS </ifParams>
    <then>
      <action>
        <cmdType>OSD.ShowText</cmdType>
        <params>
          <param>VOXWAV</param>
        </params>
        <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
      </action>
    </then>