Author Topic: Kodi Events  (Read 9154 times)

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: Kodi Events
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2015, 06:17:49 PM »
This is just a heads up that I updated my previous post with some explanations that might help a bit.

PegLegTV

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2015, 06:20:17 PM »
thanks for the explanation, greatly appreciated

vulcanjedi

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2015, 01:52:46 AM »
After trolling google, kodi wiki/forums, vc wiki/forums, virtualbox wiki/forums trying two VMs, exporting, reimporting, reverting, new building a stock image with nothing but VC and its prereqs. Win8.1, restore win7,  win10 tech preview. No UAC, no FW, run as admin.
Still nothing worked.
Remotes/webinterface/eventghost worked. Changed VM settings, NICs, ....etc. But not in VC.

Just before bed I realize i have a old kodi installation on my Mac, I update the plugin accordingly and poof....events are flying. Kodiv14.0 on Mac seems fine....but  my main htpc is running Kodibuntu updated to Kodiv14.2 the latest release pre v15 and the stable versions for DL. Still dont get if its a kodi problem how all the other things work just not to VC.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2015, 01:58:24 AM by vulcanjedi »

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2015, 07:38:43 AM »
It works fine with 14.2 on Windows.  I don't know if KodiBuntu is somehow different (it should not be) but I have not seen a proper log so I have no way of knowing. No one else has reported a problem but that doesn't mean much especially since there are probably not that many VoxCommando users who use KodiBuntu.

PegLegTV

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2015, 11:19:20 AM »
this may be a long shot but its easy to try,

You can change the port that Kodi broadcast its events on by adding this to your advancedsettings.xml (this goes in your Kodi userdata folder)

Code: [Select]
<advancedsettings>
    <jsonrpc>
       <tcpport>9091</tcpport>
    </jsonrpc>
</advancedsettings>

Then open the Xjson plugin in VC and change the port from 9090 to 9091 then restart Kodi and VC to see if you start reciving events

vulcanjedi

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2015, 08:45:51 PM »
I also forgot I have a raspberry PI, with an existing Kodi install. v14.0 via OpenElec
Events work there.
I said screw it, I woudl try OpenElec install on my main system. The base/stable OE is up to Kodiv14.2.
It doesn't work on my main system either.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2015, 09:10:47 PM »
If I am following the long thread of this problem correctly, it sounds like the weak link here is your "main system" whatever that is.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2015, 09:23:18 PM »
I just did a quick test with Kodi 15 Isengard beta 1 (on Windows) and events seem to work normally.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2015, 09:19:13 AM »
I have now tested with KodiBuntu 14.0 and 14.2 and events work fine with zero effort.

It seems that you need to enable "Allow control of Kodi via UPnP" and then you need to restart KodiBuntu.  But I think you must have done this already or you would not be getting events in EventGhost and you would not be getting a "Connected" response in your log.

So I guess this problem is specific to the particular machine(s) / virtual machines(s) and setups you are using.

Sorry, I don't know what else I can test.

vulcanjedi

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2015, 04:35:05 PM »
Many thanks James, certainly more than I expected as well as anyone else that gave the thread a peek :)
i felt compelled after reverting skins and other things. Finding what else could be specific about this vs my other xbmc/kodi instances.
Found it.  The debug feature with specifc component things is nice, so you can get specific information on smb or network...etc. OpenElec even puts it in a nice easy place for you to find.
Anyways I discovered for some unknown reason I had some lingering thing in my advancedsettings.xml on this machine. I had compactoutput as false in my file.
This setting is apparently incompatible w/ VC.  Sorry for all the trouble friends, but now I get to try to make some cool event triggered commands! woot!
http://kodi.wiki/view/Advancedsettings.xml#.3Cjsonrpc.3E

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2015, 05:04:14 PM »
OK from now on I must insist that all users show me their complete advancedsettings.xml file before I try to troubleshoot Kodi problems!  :bonk

vulcanjedi

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2015, 05:08:37 PM »
Sorry for all the heartburn James, this one was bugging me. I dont recall why that setting was ever in there in the first place either. :( Maybe I can add a little note in the wiki to not have that set :) Appreciate the efforts as always.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2015, 05:28:05 PM »
As with most things, identifying the problem was the hard part.

I've already fixed it so the next release will work regardless of this setting.  So thanks for figuring out what was causing it! :hugs