Author Topic: hidden menu titles and voice commands  (Read 1961 times)

aftermathofeden

• View Profile
hidden menu titles and voice commands
« on: May 04, 2015, 03:39:51 PM »
so within the voice commands i have studied the activate window commands and what i want to do is correct a slow function idea i had. so i used your go to favorites to put a bunch of stuff then using vc.pause it waits for how slow that menu is to open moves down however many then hits enter on the item. When done it opens favorite tab moves back to the top and resets itself so i could use another command. i used to have all my movies broken down into comedy, drama, etc. then i used smart playlists to just say like comedy directory and it takes me to my comedies for that i just tweaked the party mode one you guys built and changed the name of the smart playlist which led to building like 20 or so of these for favorite movie, holidays etc. i love these and not having to use the favorites menu because i found it glitchy. ive looked at kodi activate window list but they are basic i want to say witihin an addon like primewire take it to a specific season and for like addons and stuff. write now i use keyboard commands to get to specific settings but i find it sluggish and sometimes messes up and for certain addons the only way they work is if triggered when i have freshly opened kodi. so real question is how to find the name of any window you are on and implement it to open with a vox command.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: hidden menu titles and voice commands
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2015, 03:50:42 PM »
How is this an integration idea?

What program are you using?

Can you please give a bit more thought to where you are starting new threads?

It sounds like you are using Kodi so you might want to post a question there.

Even if you can find the name of the window you are on, I don't think that necessarily means you will be able to open it.  Different addons work differently.

You probably want to create some favourites in Kodi and then be able to jump to them by name.  Would that work for you?

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Getting Started with VoxCommando
Re: hidden menu titles and voice commands
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2015, 05:02:58 PM »
@aftermath

I don't know whether I'm understanding your post. If not, my apologies. I'm not very good at interpreting stream-of-consciousness prose.

But if you are saying that you would like to be able to open specific windows using voice commands, even if those windows are within addons -- this is often but not always feasible, if you can figure out the file path parameter for that window.

The way that we usually suggest to figure that out is as follows.

1. Navigate to the window in Kodi.
2. Add that page to your favourites.
3. Then go look at the favourites.xml file in your ...AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata directory and find the file path for that favourite.

It will usually show up in that xml file in a form like:
Code: [Select]
<favourite name="What to watch" thumb="C:\Users\<username}\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\media\what_to_watch.png">ActivateWindow(10025,&quot;plugin://plugin.video.youtube/special/what_to_watch/&quot;,return)</favourite>
The part we're interested in is the path in quotes in the brackets. In this case, "plugin://plugin.video.youtube/special/what_to_watch/".

4. Based on that, you can then use the GUI.ActivateWindow method in your VC command.

I think it would be pretty cumbersome to try to do that for every single window, but if you had a set of 20-odd windows, that's more doable. Here's an example with just a few different windows (payloadXML file attached).

Code: [Select]
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?>
<!--VoxCommando 2.1.4.2-->
<command id="849" name="Go to Kodi page {1}" enabled="true" alwaysOn="False" confirm="False" requiredConfidence="0" loop="False" loopDelay="0" loopMax="0" description="">
  <action>
    <cmdType>TTS.Speak</cmdType>
    <params>
      <param>Opening {PF.1}</param>
    </params>
    <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
  </action>
  <action>
    <cmdType>XJson.Raw</cmdType>
    <params>
      <param>GUI.ActivateWindow</param>
      <param>"window": "video", "parameters": ["{1}"]</param>
    </params>
    <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
  </action>
  <phrase>Go to Kodi page</phrase>
  <payloadFromXML phraseOnly="False" use2partPhrase="False" phraseConnector="by" Phrase2wildcard="anyone" optional="False">XbmcPayloads\kodi_windows.xml</payloadFromXML>
</command>
« Last Edit: May 04, 2015, 05:25:28 PM by nime5ter »
TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)