Author Topic: VC on Windows Server - no microphone input  (Read 1420 times)

mht

• View Profile
VC on Windows Server - no microphone input
« on: April 26, 2015, 03:08:52 PM »
I am running VC (VoxcommandoSP.exe) on a Windows Server 2012. In my setup I use pocketcontrol (pocketaudio) as microphone input. I dont use speaker in my setup. Instead I use "Speak2Wav".

When the console is active (user logged in and account not locked) it all works fine. But as soon as the console is non-active (locked) voxcommand itself runs OK exept that it doesn't get sound from the microphone. I can se that pocketcontrol has recieved audio during the non-active period but voxcommande doesn't seems to get the sound input.

In the log file i found this entry:
Input error, InvalidOperationException: Audio output and input are not supported for non-active console sessions.

A SAPI error?

Any ideas on how to do a workaround for this? Is anyone running VC as a Service?

« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 03:11:33 PM by mht »

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Getting Started with VoxCommando
Re: VC on Windows Server - no microphone input
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2015, 03:46:20 PM »
This sounds related to the problem discussed here: http://voxcommando.com/forum/index.php?topic=1658.msg14550#msg14550
TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)

Haddood

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2015, 12:35:51 AM »
You can find the solution in this post http://voxcommando.com/forum/index.php?topic=1705.0
I have been using it since then flawlessly
Assuming you do not mind that your server will never be locked
When Voice command gets tough, use hand gestures

mht

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2015, 03:42:20 PM »
As I understand your recommended solution I need to RDP the server at least once to start a session and run VC.

My goal is to have a "low maintenace" setup. I.e. a server that can be restarted automatically (in case of power loss) and without need for user action to resume full operation. For that reason I think I need to run VC as a service.

Can it be so bad that there is no way to allow windows server to access input like microphone without an active console? Seems like I have to do some serious Googling on this issue...

Haddood

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2015, 07:47:40 PM »
That as well is easy ... You can configure windows to auto login ... Many how tos on the web
When Voice command gets tough, use hand gestures