Author Topic: WHICH USB-UIRT IS THE BEST  (Read 5767 times)

driver02

• View Profile
WHICH USB-UIRT IS THE BEST
« on: March 25, 2015, 12:44:22 PM »
Hi James , Could you please let us know which device model etc is the best ,I try to find similar like yours unfortunate I cant find it here in uk .Also wanted to know  after learning the code the USB-UIRT device how far can be hidden from the tv dvd etc.. please  thank you

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: WHICH USB-UIRT IS THE BEST
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2015, 03:38:07 PM »
I have lost count of how many times I have answered these questions already.

Sorry, I can't tell you which one is the best.  I can only tell you about the one I have.  It works great.  I think any device that is actually called a USBUIRT will be good.  If it is not a USB-UIRT then it probably won't work with VC.  I think there are really only two models of USB-UIRT and both should work the same for most devices.

The maximum distance will vary depending on many factors but with a clear line of sight you should usually be able to get at least 10 feet, maybe 20.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 03:50:50 PM by jitterjames »

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2015, 03:40:28 PM »
As far as I know, the only device that will work with VoxCommando comes from this site:

http://www.usbuirt.com/

and you must order it from the United States and arrange to have it shipped to Europe.

nikeb

• i got this.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2015, 10:39:27 AM »
As far as I know, the only device that will work with VoxCommando comes from this site:

http://www.usbuirt.com/

and you must order it from the United States and arrange to have it shipped to Europe.

Actually i find it on amazon,
marked as "Jon Rhees - USB - UIRT" ,
wich is the owner of that website.

I live in italy and i find it on amazon.it
..and works like a charm.

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Getting Started with VoxCommando
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2015, 11:32:57 AM »
Thanks for the info. That's interesting that you were able to buy one of the "original" USB-UIRT units from Amazon.it.

It looks like it is a bit more expensive than buying it directly from Rhees's website and sending to Europe. He charges a total of US$75 (69 euros) to ship to Europe, but maybe there are other advantages to buying via a trusted Amazon seller.
TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)

Dave

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2015, 12:20:44 PM »
Don't forget the taxes you have to pay if you import from outside the EU. e.g. for Germany it is 19%. Then it is nearly the same price and probably faster shipping...
btw you can find it on amazon.co.uk and and amazon.de, too.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2015, 12:31:13 PM »
I'm just curious, is the 19% tax in addition to whatever sales tax you would normally pay when buying from Amazon.co.uk?

I know that in Canada the import duties look really bad, but they include our sales tax and if you remove what you would normally pay in tax anyway, it is not that big of a difference.

I'm just asking out of general curiosity.  Not because I really care that much about the price of this particular product.  It is probably still safer (and of course faster) to buy locally even if it costs more because returns would be easier if you happen to get a defective unit.

Dave

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2015, 01:04:34 PM »
I'm not sure if I understand you correctly. 
When I am in Germany and order something from UK or any other EU country I pay the price that I see e.g. on amazon.co.uk. The 19% tax (VAT) is already included. If I order outside the EU, I have to pay additional 19% on what I paid to the seller (price and shipping costs). For some products there are even additional 2% customs duties.

Example:
USB-Uirt from US:
75$*19% = 89,25$ = 82,16€

(which is the very same price that I see on amazon.de)

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2015, 01:06:15 PM »
On Amazon.ca they do not include the tax in the listed price.  You only see it when you pay.  But it is always about 15%.

Dave

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2015, 01:15:01 PM »
Ah, ok. If I order in CA I normaly should not have to pay the Canadian taxes, but only the german.