Author Topic: Mic always on (or is it?)  (Read 2084 times)

tn42

• View Profile
Mic always on (or is it?)
« on: January 26, 2015, 06:36:13 AM »
Okey maybe a vage or "cryptic" subject description. Feel free to rename it.

While pushing the "Always ON button" I am able to call on/give commands to VC at anytime from my android tablet. (By any time I mean that I can browse different apps while VoxWav runs in the BG and still listens and also while the screen is powered off). After some time, this could vary from 15 min to 12 h, it just stops listening. When I open the app up the "Always ON button" is switched off or its switched ON but it is not listening.
Usually this is easily solved by toggling the "mic always ON/OFF button" a few times. And one time I had to restart VC on the host computer to get it to work again but that was probably some other problem.

Does anyone have any thoughts to why this is happening to me?

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: Mic always on (or is it?)
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2015, 10:02:52 AM »
I believe what is happening is that your ambient sound levels being picked up by your Android microphone are (at certain times) higher than the noise threshold that you have set in the VoxWav App and that VoxWav is therefor being forced to stream continuously.  Nether VoxWav nor VoxCommando were designed to work this way.

You solution is probably to either raise the noise threshold in VoxWav or to switch to using an app that was actually designed to be recording at all times such as Mobiola Headset.

tn42

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2015, 10:10:36 AM »
Okey, but why dose the app automaticly switch the "Always on button" from On to Off from time to time?

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2015, 11:35:18 AM »
I don't know. I've never seen it do that.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2015, 11:43:02 AM »
If your WiFi connection is lost, VoxWav will be forced to turn off.  If you have an unreliable WiFi connection or if your device is turning WiFi off to save power then this could be the cause.

tn42

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2015, 06:47:57 AM »
Good Point. I will look into that.

Maybe I can try to ping the android tablet every 10s for 24h to se if it drops out?