Author Topic: Using Tasker with VoxCommando  (Read 19390 times)

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: Using Tasker with VoxCommando
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2015, 05:30:53 PM »
The problem is that you are still using avcommsnofilter() which is not the correct variable to use.  The original instructions posted by Octane are wrong as far as I can tell.  I'm not sure why others said "it works great thanks" because I don't see how it's possible that these instructions could work for anyone.

as I said a couple posts up, avcommsnofilter() is wrong.

I believe you should be using avcommnofilter

There is not supposed to be an 'S'.  I think there is also not supposed to be () at the end.

The way VoxWav works is completely different from how Autovoice/Tasker works so there is no point in comparing them.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2015, 05:57:56 PM »
I fixed it! It's so stupid too.  :bonk

In the AutoVoice section the Regex has to be selected.

That doesn't sound right.

I don't think you are supposed to put anything into the filter field though, unless you want to use a prefix like "jarvis".  I'm pretty sure the instructions to put %avcommsnofilter() into the filter is completely wrong.  Once I can completely verify how this is supposed to work I think I will remove Oktanes guidelines because I think they are leading people astray.  I have some more testing to do first.

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Getting Started with VoxCommando
« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2015, 05:11:26 PM »
I'm pretty sure the instructions to put %avcommsnofilter() into the filter is completely wrong.  Once I can completely verify how this is supposed to work I think I will remove Oktanes guidelines because I think they are leading people astray.  I have some more testing to do first.

After some testing, we've added step-by-step instructions on using Tasker + Autovoice + UDP sender to the wiki. Sorry, no screen captures or videos at this point. Words will have to do for now.

There's now also a video tutorial embedded with the instructions.

http://voxcommando.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Using_Tasker_with_VoxCommando#Tasker_and_AutoVoice_as_an_Alternative_to_VoxWav
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 02:08:40 PM by nime5ter »
TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)

RickyD333

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2015, 07:52:31 PM »
After some testing, we've added step-by-step instructions on using Tasker + Autovoice + UDP sender to the wiki. Sorry, no screen captures or videos at this point. Words will have to do for now.

http://voxcommando.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Using_Tasker_with_VoxCommando#Tasker_and_AutoVoice_as_an_Alternative_to_VoxWav

That did it! So it was the text field in the UDP Sender that was in fact incorrect. There shouldn't be a space and there should be no "s" or "()", as well as no command filter in the AutoVoice Recognize preferences.

However, the "Advanced" version didn't work for me. Same problem I was having before.

P.S. Can I get this to work in the reverse? Such as saying a command into VoxCommando (perhaps with VoxWav) and having an action take place in Tasker?

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2015, 09:44:33 PM »

However, the "Advanced" version didn't work for me. Same problem I was having before.

This method is tested  and we have verified that it works just fine so you must have missed a step or you made a typographical error. You must follow every step exactly or it will not work. No fuzzy logic here!

If you are going to use Tasker the advanced method is recommended since you will be more likely to get a successful recognition.

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2015, 09:51:36 PM »
P.S. Can I get this to work in the reverse? Such as saying a command into VoxCommando (perhaps with VoxWav) and having an action take place in Tasker?

Other users have used the Autoremote Android app to send messages from VC to Tasker using a Scrape action (e.g, so that TTS feedback from VC is delivered to their phones).

You'd have to look up Autoremote to find its documentation.

http://voxcommando.com/forum/index.php?topic=1911.msg16486#msg16486

http://voxcommando.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Actions#Scrape
« Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 10:02:00 PM by nime5ter »
TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)

PegLegTV

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 09, 2015, 02:30:01 AM »
I've been making some Task with tasker to work with VC and I found away to launch VoxWav by using the swipe up gesture for google now (you might have to hold the home button instead of swiping up depending on the device)

this will not open the mic but will launch the VoxWav app,

• create a new profile
  • Select Event
  • Select Assistance Request
  • Select Tasker Back Button

• Select New Task
  • Name it what you want
  • select app
  • select launch app
  • select app
  • select VoxWav
  • select tasker back
  • select tasker back Again

that should give you the ability to launch Voxwav from any where on your phone or tablet

if you don't want to use tasker there is an app called Swipeup Utility That says it can do the same thing

thacolonel

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 16, 2015, 06:29:47 PM »
Thanks so much for both the wiki and the video. I was able to get both the simple and advanced versions to work, though definitely getting much better results with the advanced so I'll be sticking with that method. I haven't quite figured out how to get TTS to work yet with using this method. I also wanted to point out that it seemed to work much better for me when I used the Autovoice Recognized as an event rather than a state. This also made it so the profile wasn't continuously running.

I am mainly trying to use this for remote access. I was able to get VoxWav Pro to get commands to work remotely using my dydns and forwarding ports 33000 and 33339. However I am having trouble getting responses back in VoxWav as neither OSD or TTS are showing up. Both of these work great when I am on the local network though.

« Last Edit: April 16, 2015, 06:35:12 PM by thacolonel »

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #38 on: April 16, 2015, 07:05:20 PM »
I think the only way to really use VoxWav is to set up a VPN.  I have tried it and it worked fine.  If you have a router that supports VPN it is pretty straightforward to set up.  Your phone will act as though it is on your local network.

With just using DynDNS and port forwarding You can send voice data to VoxCommando because that is done over TCP but all other communication between the two programs is done through UDP which doesn't normally traverse WAN connections.

When I created VoxWav I really didn't think much about making it work from remote locations.

thacolonel

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 16, 2015, 08:44:04 PM »
Thanks for the quick reply. I was able to get TTS to work through AutoRemote using scrape, so I'll probably hold off on going through the VPN route for now. I'm using it with Vera and it is working great with the built in "Turning {PF.1}{PF.2}" command remotely. Thanks again for this awesome app.

IKROWNI

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 25, 2015, 12:50:37 AM »
sorry to dig up an old thread but im having the same issue as another user. when i issue a command from the "ok google" promp on my moto 360 voxcommando sees the correct commands and sometimes even fires the commands but most of the time it pops up saying "emulate" any ideas on how i can fix this issue? i know all is setup and working since it does work on occasion.

EDIT: Also one other small issue im having is that if my phone screen isnt on then the commands dont even attempt to go through. and im always left with the google search on my watch is there a way to make the google search clear itself after the command has gone through? for example i say "turn the office lights off" and after the command fires the watch has an image of a guy flipping a switch or a google search query leftover on the watch.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 12:53:35 AM by IKROWNI »

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #41 on: August 25, 2015, 08:23:22 AM »
This is a three page thread that references other threads. We have no idea how you have set things up.

Does it work only for single word commands?

IKROWNI

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 25, 2015, 09:29:27 PM »
This is a three page thread that references other threads. We have no idea how you have set things up.

Does it work only for single word commands?

yes short commands seem to work just fine. its only large commands like "dim the office light to 80%" that causes the EMULATE: part to pop up. and also it thinks im saying "280" instead of "to 80" and causing more issues.

My setup consists of a moto 360 smartwatch that i use a combination of autovoice, autowear, and autoremote on my Galaxy S4, from there most of the commands are routed to either eventghost or voxcommando. This probably doesnt help much though without actually seeing all of my setup.

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 25, 2015, 09:43:14 PM »
yes short commands seem to work just fine.

James actually asked specifically about one word commands. When you say "short commands" what do you mean? Do two-word commands work consistently? Just one-word commands? Are three-word commands "short commands"?

its only large commands like "dim the office light to 80%" that causes the EMULATE: part to pop up. and also it thinks im saying "280" instead of "to 80" and causing more issues.

There are no "pop-ups" in VC, so it's not clear what you mean here.

At any rate, do you see anything apart from "Emulate:"? i.e. is there ever anything after the colon?

There's nothing VC can do about Google interpreting your command wrong, of course. But it does hint at which of the various possible implementations of Tasker + Autovoice + VC you might be using, which is what James was referring to when he spoke about the fact that you haven't explained to us your set-up. We need to know which method of interacting with Tasker you are using to be able to help you.

My setup consists of a moto 360 smartwatch that i use a combination of autovoice, autowear, and autoremote on my Galaxy S4, from there most of the commands are routed to either eventghost or voxcommando. This probably doesnt help much though without actually seeing all of my setup.

You're right, that doesn't help us.

It might help a little if you could tell us which of the different ways of setting up Tasker/Autovoice *to communicate with VC* you are using. At least three ways are described here: http://voxcommando.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Using_Tasker_with_VoxCommando

Which one are you using?

« Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 09:46:12 PM by nime5ter »

IKROWNI

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 25, 2015, 10:46:29 PM »
James actually asked specifically about one word commands. When you say "short commands" what do you mean? Do two-word commands work consistently? Just one-word commands? Are three-word commands "short commands"?

There are no "pop-ups" in VC, so it's not clear what you mean here.

At any rate, do you see anything apart from "Emulate:"? i.e. is there ever anything after the colon?

There's nothing VC can do about Google interpreting your command wrong, of course. But it does hint at which of the various possible implementations of Tasker + Autovoice + VC you might be using, which is what James was referring to when he spoke about the fact that you haven't explained to us your set-up. We need to know which method of interacting with Tasker you are using to be able to help you.

You're right, that doesn't help us.

It might help a little if you could tell us which of the different ways of setting up Tasker/Autovoice *to communicate with VC* you are using. At least three ways are described here: http://voxcommando.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Using_Tasker_with_VoxCommando

Which one are you using?

Sorry if i seemed vague in my answer but yes 1, 2 and 3 word commands seem to work okay and i havent run into much issue with these "short commands"

I am using the "advanced method" and yes i see the full command after the colon.

If i say into my watch " dim the office lights to 30%" ill either get one of the 2 errors below

"dim the office lights 230 percent"

or

"Emulate: dim the office lights to 30 percent"

and as for popups i didnt mean a popup as in like an advertisement or anything i mean the "emulate issue doent arise." it pops up in the speech bar where it shows what you have said into voxcommando.

i dont really understand how it could be misunderstood what i was saying.

James asked if it happens with 1 word commands and i responded back "its only large commands like "dim the office light to 80%" that causes the EMULATE: part to pop up. and also it thinks im saying "280" instead of "to 80" and causing more issues."
« Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 10:51:44 PM by IKROWNI »