Author Topic: Using Tasker with VoxCommando  (Read 19362 times)

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Getting Started with VoxCommando
TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)

shango

• $upporter
  • No English flag :(
    • View Profile
Re: Using Tasker with VoxCommando
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2015, 12:53:37 PM »
is it possible to have tasker send basic media browse and control to vox? looking into a way of using google nows 'ok google' to send commands to control xbmc/mediaportal

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2015, 01:10:30 PM »
The above wiki page includes a link about Autovoice.

Seems like VoxWav Free or Pro would make more sense for that particular application unless there's a need for remote (WAN) communication.
TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)

shango

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2015, 01:25:24 PM »
I have vox wav installed but it causes conflictions with microphone access with other apps I use, I use openmic+ for google now and if using voxwav it needs to have the mic always listening, of course both apps cannot have the mic always on. So im looking to be able to just use google now alone.

I have seen guides on how to use google now to trigger tasker commands using various apps, though it maybe a long winded way of doing things but it would allow only one app using the mic.

Just curious to know if it were possible before I delve into for hours only to find out it can't be done.

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2015, 01:33:15 PM »
Autovoice = Google Now. I don't know about mic access issues with that.

shango

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2015, 02:26:19 PM »
thanks, have managed to do what i wanted pretty much, not sure its the best way of going about it but am very new to tasker and autovoice so might be able to come up with a better solution.
so far im using autovoice integration with google now, set tasker to launch voxwav on "ok google, mediaportal" command then have it emulate a button push via co ordinates to activate vox recording.

not exactly what id like but getting there.

Ideally id like to eliminate voxwav and have tasker send commands directly to voxcommando

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2015, 03:32:01 PM »
instructions for doing exactly that are in the wiki. Follow the link in the first post of this thread. That Is exactly what this thread is about!

PegLegTV

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2015, 01:53:54 AM »
Thanks for the wiki,

I started using tasker because of it, I use it for caller id to announce the name of the caller and have a popup with xbmc with the callers picture, name and number, and i have it change my lights colors when i have a missed call  ::wiggle

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2015, 08:22:25 AM »
 ::banana

shango

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2015, 05:11:41 PM »
Ok i got tasker communicating with vox and the sms example from the wiki works but im at a loss as to what the payload should be for other commands

Just trying something simple like browse tvshows but nothing ive tried works, shows up in orange in the history as an event triggered followed by whatever i've tried typing in the path.

/api/vc.triggerevent&&BrowseTVShows&&optionalpayload

if someone could advise what i should replace optional payload with that would be great.

Thanks

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2015, 05:31:55 PM »
Does your "Browse TV shows" command actually require any payloads?

If a command doesn't require payloads then just delete that part, as mentioned in the wiki.

In general: if you want to use Google Now, then you would be sending VC a voice command emulation presumably, with the full voice command phrase including the desired payload phrase, not trying to trigger an event with VC.TriggerEvent?

VC.TellVox is the most likely candidate for that purpose.

The wiki provides one possible example of how to use Tasker, but then refers people to the API page for more info on different messages you can send, and also links to the AutoVoice forum discussion for people who want do use that.

There is a special "trick" that is discussed in the forum thread about how to get AutoVoice to pass a series of Google Now speech phrases to Tasker (rather than just sending the "top hit" of all possible recognized phrases), and from Tasker on to VC.  James posts the xml for his Tasker task in that thread, and it shows the syntax that you need to use in Tasker in order to do that. Rather than using VC.TellVox, his xml shows how you can use a "hidden", not-really-for-public-consumption action called "android.phrases" to make the AutoVoice solution somewhat more reliable.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2015, 05:35:52 PM by nime5ter »

shango

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2015, 07:03:31 PM »
dont think it does use a payload but i also tried it without as it says in wiki but didnt work, i'll have a look at vc.tellvox though im starting to think this might be over my head, im new to tasker and I never really did fully get my head round vox even when I was using it before, not used it in over a year now so what i learned i've forgot.

thanks for the help

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2015, 07:37:46 PM »
Yes, it may make sense to learn a bit more about how VC works, as I think that may be contributing a lot to the challenge you're facing.

Maybe watching a few of the "Core Concepts" video tutorials to refresh your memory would help. http://voxcommando.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Video_Tutorials

dont think it does use a payload but i also tried it without as it says in wiki but didnt work,

Not sure what "didnt work" means in this case, but if you're meaning that a "BrowseTVShows" event shows up in VoxCommando's history panel, but that it doesn't cause your media player to Browse to TV shows the way that the voice command typically would, that would mean that the event wasn't able to trigger your Browse TV Shows command. If that's the case, it may mean:

1. That your Browse TV shows command doesn't have an event trigger associated with it at all yet (you'd have to add that to the command), or possibly that

2. The command *is* set up to be triggered by either a voice command or an event, but the event name for that trigger is not "BrowseTVShows", or possibly that

3. You added an event trigger "BrowseTVShows" to your Browse TV Shows command but hadn't yet saved and exited the command tree before testing it. VC needs to rebuild the edited command group before it will know that there's a newly created event trigger.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2015, 07:51:13 PM by nime5ter »

Oktane83

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2015, 03:20:06 PM »
I use Tasker, Autovoice and UDP Sender to send commands via Google Now to Voxcommando.

Tasker: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.dinglisch.android.taskerm&hl=en
Autovoice: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.joaomgcd.autovoice&hl=en
UDP Sender: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hastarin.android.udpsender&hl=en

Setup

Voxcommando: Ensure UDP listen port in Option > Advanced is set to 33000

Autovoice: Set Google Now Integration to Enabled. You may have to enable this first in your phone settings. (On Android Lolipop found at Settings > Accessibility > AutoVoice Google Now Integration set ON

Tasker: Go to Profiles and Click "+" to create a new profile. Then Select "Event", "Plugin", "Autovoice", "Recognized". Once there select Configuration and then Command Filter. Set your command filter to "%avcommsnofilter()", not including the quotations. Select OK and then click the Check Mark. Then select back to go to Event Edit.

You will then be asked to select an existing task or create a new one. We will select "New Task". You can name this task whatever you like. Then proceed by clicking the "+" the create a new task. From there select "Plugin", "UDP Sender" and then we will go to configuration. Set your destination IP to the machine where you have Voxcommando installed. Then set the port to "33000". Next we will go to the "Text" field and enter "vc.tellvox&& %avcommsnofilter()" no quotes. Also ensure you have a space between && and %.

You can now save that task and test it out. You can speak any command you have programmed into voxcommando. "Play" "Stop" "Play song whatever" "Play movie whatever".

Sometimes Google now will interpret me saying "Run KODI" as "Run Cody" so as a workaround I simply go to the command builder and add the word "Cody" to the phrases. I do this for any words that Google misinterprets.

Another thing you can do to get Google Now to work from any screen on your phone is go to Settings > Language and Input > Google Voice Typing > "OK Google Detection" and enable "From any Screen".

Hope this helps someone out there.

Cheers.

Dave

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2015, 03:54:16 PM »
Thanks for the explanation! :clap

Did anyone already try this with an Android Wear smartwatch?
« Last Edit: February 14, 2015, 04:00:55 PM by Dave »