Author Topic: Gentner Clearone XAP800 detailed setup  (Read 21160 times)

Haddood

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Re: Gentner Clearone XAP800 detailed setup
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2015, 12:47:00 PM »
@adam ... I will try to post detailed info asap...
I will repost the PY script as well, just in case I updated stuff... It is important you get it working (test by sending mute)
If you can't wait and want to try. The idea XAP can send strings when an event happen... You put the strings in g-ware ... Then in control io you set when pin 1 go up due to gate trigger string 1 , gate 2 to string 2 ... Etc.
When Voice command gets tough, use hand gestures

adamsweet

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2015, 12:51:38 PM »
thank you. what im looking for is what serial command should be sent to vox commando from xap. i wish calling from vox for gate status would work but from what ive took from reading fellow prodjects theres to much of a delay to be useful.  sorry im kindof a newbie

adamsweet

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2015, 01:07:23 PM »
lol @haddood u posted as i was writeing. thank you wen u update would it be posible to attach your site file soo we can compare settings. btw everything is veary much apprieted! all u guys out there contributing thumbs up 2 u. between vox and eventghost this is what ive wanted for years and didnt have ability to create myself!

Haddood

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2015, 03:00:48 PM »
@Adam, I updated the second post in the thread with some extra info  ...
let me know if you got it working or you are still facing issues

adamsweet

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 23, 2015, 02:09:47 AM »
did the trick thank you soooo much. still havent got mute to work getting argument error. once i get it and figure out how to run macros ill be set  :D

Sinbe

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 23, 2015, 08:32:08 AM »
Has anyone been able to locate one of these used conference mixers in Europe? What makes and models should I look for and where? All of the options mentioned on this forum seem to be only available in america on ebay, but I'm sure there are similar devices used on this side of the pond as well.

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Getting Started with VoxCommando
« Reply #36 on: March 23, 2015, 09:34:50 AM »
I don't know about ClearOne products, but the conversation originally started with Polycom Vortex: http://voxcommando.com/forum/index.php?topic=1425.msg12382#msg12382

I'm seeing some being sold by European ebay sellers or to European markets, but maybe not as extensively. Presumably there would be different required technical specifications for European users, though.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 09:41:56 AM by nime5ter »
TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)

Haddood

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 23, 2015, 10:49:52 AM »
did the trick thank you soooo much. still havent got mute to work getting argument error. once i get it and figure out how to run macros ill be set  :D

Are you receiving gate event ? If yes ... Then post here how exactly you are sending the mute command ...

I just remembered that you have to make sure only one mic can gate on at a time ... Or it will be a mess ... Will post details about that when I have few minutes

adamsweet

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 23, 2015, 11:41:17 AM »
yes gateing is working perfectly

Haddood

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 23, 2015, 02:49:01 PM »
@adam ... I uploaded new group xml ... it has a loading sequence. call XAP800.load with trigger event ... you might need to modify it if you are not using VSPE ...

from your JPG what are you doing wrong is that you changed the {1} after #5 to {0} ... you can't ... payload 1 is device ID ... I kept this as I think I will need to chain another device for more inputs.
check the description in the mute to know what each payload is. you will need a min of 3 payloads to query or 4 payloads to issue a command.

if you want to test directly without payloads remove the brackets {}

if you develop some scenarios or commands, please share ...

« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 02:52:13 PM by Haddood »

adamsweet

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 23, 2015, 03:14:18 PM »
thank you for update. the 0 was way xml loaded i didnt change. i just got it working and then i checked ure post lol. i have macro working also. i really appreite! this is going to be soo awsome lol.

adamsweet

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 26, 2015, 10:17:45 PM »
soo dont realy know whats going on but xap is working perfect with commands and reporting to vox but after a lil while vox stops receiveing audio from mics. mic shows level in windows propertys but vox does not

Haddood

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 26, 2015, 11:11:10 PM »
Can you explain a bit more... Post some screen shots

adamsweet

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 27, 2015, 12:48:24 AM »
seems with switching back to onboard mic input and restarting server 2012 its back to working perfect. should have tried before i posted duh lol. if problem happens agein ill post screenshots. it still blows me away how responsive gates are working and commands. i cant wait to get all programed to be able to say play music in any room. i have a long way but i think im getting hang of. i have to keep myself from buying another xap lol. but i will say if anyone has a radioshack around them check if there closeing ive bought about $4000+ in connectors wires plugs etc for about 100 bucks.

Haddood

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 27, 2015, 01:33:32 AM »
@adam : great ... with XAP multi-room open air mic becomes a possible solution

as well check post 2 again, I added how to setup gating to make sure VC do not get confused