Author Topic: Home/Away modes?  (Read 9100 times)

CarsonY101

• View Profile
Home/Away modes?
« on: January 01, 2015, 07:07:20 PM »
I have searched for this on the forum but maybe I missed something... Can (or is there away) for VC to know if Vera is in home or away mode? Just wondering, thank you guys for time.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: Home/Away modes?
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2015, 09:04:59 PM »
This is not available in UI5 and we do not wish to update to UI7 based on all the problems we have heard about.

Based on a bit of searching though you should be able to use this to look up the mode:

Code: [Select]
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?>
<!--VoxCommando 2.1.3.2-->
<command id="307" name="get vera mode" enabled="true" alwaysOn="False" confirm="False" requiredConfidence="0" loop="False" loopDelay="0" loopMax="0" description="">
  <action>
    <cmdType>Vera.Raw</cmdType>
    <params>
      <param>data_request?id=variableget&amp;Variable=Mode</param>
    </params>
    <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
  </action>
  <action>
    <cmdType>OSD.ShowText</cmdType>
    <params>
      <param>{LastResult}</param>
    </params>
    <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
  </action>
</command>

Mode can be:
1 = Home
2 = Away
3 = Night
4 = Vacation

Note that this is a way to check the current mode.  It is not going to raise an event when the mode changes.  That is more difficult for us to figure out without having access to UI7.  If you like you can try enabling verbose logging in the VoxCommando Vera plugin, switching modes a few times, and then sending us a VoxCommando log file and maybe we will see something.

CarsonY101

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2015, 10:35:13 PM »
First off, thanks James for the reply.

Second, I've done what you asked and attached the log file like you've requested.

Thanks again for your help. Love VoxCommando!
« Last Edit: January 01, 2015, 10:45:52 PM by jitterjames »

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2015, 10:44:49 PM »
Unfortunately, I do not see any signs that the mode of the Vera is changing.

Did you enable verbose logging and also make sure to change your Vera's mode while VC was running?

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2015, 10:47:27 PM »
btw, I removed your log file attachment from your post after downloading it in case there was anything sensitive in there.

Next time you send a log file you can email it to me instead if you like.

CarsonY101

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2015, 10:51:36 PM »
Oh, ok. Thanks

I did enable Verbose, VC was running, and I changed modes quite a few times. Guessing at this moment it's a lost cause.

Thanks for your help.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2015, 09:07:21 AM »
Hmmm. Ok.

It should be possible to use another method.  When your Vera changes modes it will surely generate other events. If you assign one scene to each mode, even if the scenes do not really do anything, then it will generate an event for the corresponding scene whenever you change modes and this way VoxCommando will know what mode you are in.

By the way, you are using a really old version of VoxCommando and you should upgrade.

CarsonY101

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2015, 07:19:36 PM »
James, I have now updated to VC 2.129, set the Vera Plugin to Verbose, and sent you an updated voxlog to your gmail account. Hope this helps and sorry to send it to your gmail and not a forum message. Couldn't seem to get the attachment to attach.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2015, 09:04:00 PM »
I see nothing new of use to us in that log.  My earlier suggestion should still be valid though.

It should be possible to use another method.  When your Vera changes modes it will surely generate other events. If you assign one scene to each mode, even if the scenes do not really do anything, then it will generate an event for the corresponding scene whenever you change modes and this way VoxCommando will know what mode you are in.

I thought you were a GgCal user.  You'll need to update to 2.133 or later if you want to use the GgCal plugin.

CarsonY101

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2015, 09:26:29 PM »
Thanks James, I'll give that a try. I am a GgCal user but wasn't sure if it was fixed in the latest update or not. Guess I'll be updating again. Ha!

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Getting Started with VoxCommando
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2015, 10:07:34 PM »
If you're not keeping track of VC updates via Google Plus, the Twitter feed, responses to your previous posts on the forum, or the main VoxCommando website, you can always check the Change Log page of the wiki to decide what version you want to download when updating.

http://voxcommando.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=ChangeLog#Version_2.1.3.3

There is also a link to the Change Log in the Support menu of the VoxCommando website.
TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)

CarsonY101

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2015, 01:27:21 PM »
Thanks Nime5ter for the info. Following the Twitter feed now.

AgileHumor

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2015, 08:48:24 PM »
Is there any plan to support this as a Vera Hose Modes (Home/Night/Away/Vacation)?

I just bought a VeraEdge with UI7 to test with and without this information...VC is not understanding the current state and my logic falls flat.

Thanks for listening!

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2015, 11:14:08 AM »
Is there any plan to support this as a Vera Hose Modes (Home/Night/Away/Vacation)?
Can you elaborate a bit on what you are looking for in terms of "supporting" house modes please?

We can easily check the mode, and there is probably a way to set the mode.  I'm not sure what else there is to support other than generating events when the house mode changes, but from what I can tell Vera does not include any information about the house mode in the polling loop which we use to generate events so it would probably mean pinging Vera on a fairly short interval to check the current mode and then generating an event if it has changed.

It's hard for me to say at this point since I do not have UI7 and I'm kind of afraid of switching over from UI5 since I actually use my VeraLite for more than just testing.

I just bought a VeraEdge with UI7 to test with and without this information...VC is not understanding the current state and my logic falls flat.
Can you elaborate on this as well please.  What do you mean VC is not understanding the current state.

Please bear in mind that I have not used UI7 so I don't fully grok what the house modes are all about.  You may need to offer some additional context for me to understand what you are expecting to happen.

AgileHumor

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2015, 12:29:15 AM »
I just need to read them (which I know see is possible).    This would allow some AND statements to only fire actions when home mode = X.