Author Topic: Targetting a zone with plugin commands  (Read 1913 times)

csimon

• View Profile
Targetting a zone with plugin commands
« on: December 10, 2014, 06:28:38 PM »
Is it possible to put some sort of zone parameter on the plugin methods, e.g. JRiver.PlayPause? I think all of the MCWS commands accept a zone parameter and it would be nice to be able to pass that without converting all the commands to a Raw command.

My thinking is to be able to control multiple zones without changing the currently active zone on the server. Thinking far ahead, I'm envisaging a microphone in several rooms each connected to a specific instance of VC and controlling one specific zone, set by a variable on launch of VC.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: Targetting a zone with plugin commands
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2014, 10:21:14 AM »
Hi csimon.

Welcome to the VC forum.  I just want to let you know that I've read your question and I will get back to you.  I am away from home and it has been some time since I have used JRMC so I will need to do some investigation before I can give you a well informed response.  If I need to look at the actual plugin code it will have to wait until next week.

Stay tuned and if you don't hear from me within 7 days feel free to bump this thread.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: Targetting a zone with plugin commands
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2014, 06:01:35 PM »
New release, Version: 2.1.2.8
http://voxcommando.com/downloads.php

I've updated the JRiver plugin and there is a new action JRiver.TargetZone which allows you to set the zone to target.  After using this action all JRiver actions will use this zone (except for the JRiver.Raw action with which you can do it manually if you want).  You must provide the exact name of the zone when using the JRiver.TargetZone action.

The following group contains a command to set the zone, and a command to generate the payloadXML containing all your zone names:

Code: [Select]
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?>
<!--VoxCommando 2.1.2.5-->
<commandGroup open="True" name="JRiver Zone targeting" enabled="True" prefix="" priority="0" requiredProcess="" description="">
  <command id="403" name="Target zone" enabled="true" alwaysOn="False" confirm="False" requiredConfidence="0" loop="False" loopDelay="0" loopMax="0" description="">
    <action>
      <cmdType>JRiver.TargetZone</cmdType>
      <params>
        <param>{1}</param>
      </params>
      <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
    </action>
    <phrase>Target, Set, Control</phrase>
    <phrase>zone</phrase>
    <payloadFromXML phraseOnly="True" use2partPhrase="False" phraseConnector="by" Phrase2wildcard="anyone" optional="False">JRPayloads\Zones.xml</payloadFromXML>
  </command>
  <command id="1330" name="Refresh Zones" enabled="true" alwaysOn="False" confirm="False" requiredConfidence="0" loop="False" loopDelay="0" loopMax="0" description="">
    <action>
      <cmdType>JRiver.Raw</cmdType>
      <params>
        <param>Playback/Zones</param>
      </params>
      <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
    </action>
    <action>
      <cmdType>Results.RegEx</cmdType>
      <params>
        <param>&lt;Item.Name="ZoneName.*?"&gt;(.*?)&lt;/Item&gt;</param>
      </params>
      <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
    </action>
    <action>
      <cmdType>Results.MatchToXML</cmdType>
      <params>
        <param>JRPayloads\Zones.xml</param>
      </params>
      <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
    </action>
    <action>
      <cmdType>Results.MatchConcat</cmdType>
      <params>
        <param>{CR}</param>
      </params>
      <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
    </action>
    <action>
      <cmdType>OSD.ShowText</cmdType>
      <params>
        <param>Found {#M} zones:{CR}{LastResult}</param>
      </params>
      <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
    </action>
    <phrase>Refresh Zones</phrase>
  </command>
</commandGroup>

The new version also includes a new French configuration for JRiver thanks to Nime5ter.  :)
« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 06:05:04 PM by jitterjames »