Author Topic: List of commands  (Read 3942 times)

bp_pbs

• Contributor
    • View Profile
List of commands
« on: November 22, 2014, 02:24:31 PM »
Hey team,

I was wondering how do you remember all the commands you have programmed? For me I have trouble remembering the my trigger words. I even sometimes forget that I made certain commands. Since commands keep growing and growing if there is a way to have vox display/generate all current commands like in notepad etc. So I can have the list pulled up on my tablet or phone? This would specially help with multiple users; as my wife doesn't know any the commands.
Does anyone have any suggestions?

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: List of commands
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2014, 02:31:18 PM »
http://voxcommando.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Actions#Help

Maybe you should take another look at all the standard actions that are available.

This one is pretty basic and all the premade configurations come with "show help" commands in them already.

bp_pbs

• Contributor
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2014, 02:38:30 PM »
Cool thanks James

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Getting Started with VoxCommando
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2014, 03:13:53 PM »
In case it's not clear what's happening with the Help.*** actions:

They do the same thing as when you click on "Help" > Build Voice Menu in VoxCommando. They update a file called "commandhelp.html" in your VC directory, and open that page in a browser window (on your VC computer).

So, if your tablets can access your VC computer via the network, that's where they'll find that file.

http://voxcommando.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Main_Menu#Help

As a side note: if you're on an Android, VoxWav Pro includes a "Phrases" menu, where you can view phrases sorted alphabetically or by most frequently used, or filtered by command group -- stuff like that. You can also just click on those phrases instead of using voice commands.
TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)

bp_pbs

• Contributor
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2014, 04:50:09 PM »
Thanks nime5ster. Weird thing I was triggering the help command on accident and just kept closing it because I was trying to execute another command. Didn't even pay attention to what the help command displayed. Smh lol

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2014, 05:01:10 PM »
Ha. That's pretty funny.

For anyone who uses Dropbox, the following command updates the help page and copies that html file to your public Dropbox folder.

This makes it pretty easy to view your command help html page online (handy if you want to access it from a mobile device).

Code: [Select]
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?>
<!--VoxCommando 2.1.2.1-->
<command id="305" name="Send help" enabled="true" alwaysOn="False" confirm="False" requiredConfidence="0" loop="False" loopDelay="0" loopMax="0" description="">
  <action>
    <cmdType>Help.ShowEnabled</cmdType>
    <params />
    <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
  </action>
  <action>
    <cmdType>File.Copy</cmdType>
    <params>
      <param>commandhelp.html</param>
      <param>[YOUR DROPBOX FILEPATH]\Public\commandhelp.html</param>
    </params>
    <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
  </action>
  <action>
    <cmdType>TTS.Speak</cmdType>
    <params>
      <param>Here are the currently enabled voice commands.</param>
    </params>
    <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
  </action>
  <phrase>Send help</phrase>
</command>

Since the commandhelp html is formatted using a style sheet that's stored in VC's Resources folder, I added a Resources folder to my public Dropbox folder and placed a copy of the help.css file there.
TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2014, 07:06:24 PM »
That's assuming you have a public folder.  We do because we've been using Dropbox for a long time but apparently if you created your account recently you won't have a public folder. :'(

AFAIK only the primary public folder on Dropbox will let you host web pages.  Any other public links that you create will not show the actual web page but will appear as a link to download the html file.  In this case there are some third party applications that will let you host web sites on your dropbox.

Another option would to use something like curl to upload the files to an ftp server.

And yet another option would be to use the VC TcpPlugin and the "simple web server".  This works fine, except that the current version of the plugin does not support css files.  I'm pretty sure this can be fixed though, if there is any interest.

Once set up, all of these options could be made "automatic" requiring only a VC macro be executed to do the updates and copy / upload in order to refresh your html to show your latest commands.

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2014, 04:20:23 PM »
And yet another option would be to use the VC TCP plugin and the "simple web server".  This works fine, except that the current version of the plugin does not support css files.  I'm pretty sure this can be fixed though, if there is any interest.

Once set up, all of these options could be made "automatic" requiring only a VC macro be executed to do the updates and copy / upload in order to refresh your html to show your latest commands.

The TCP plugin's webserver works nicely for this. For those who want to try this, enable the simple web server in the TCP plugin's settings and save your settings.

After running the command below at least once, you should be able to view your voice command list on any device that can access your LAN in a web browser at the URL:
http://[yourVC IP address]:8081/html/commandhelp.html

The following command can be used to create/update the html page; this embeds the CSS in the html file so it will display properly.

Code: [Select]
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?>
<!--VoxCommando 2.1.2.1-->
<command id="305" name="Send help" enabled="true" alwaysOn="False" confirm="False" requiredConfidence="0" loop="False" loopDelay="0" loopMax="0" description="">
  <action>
    <cmdType>File.Read</cmdType>
    <params>
      <param>Resources\help.css</param>
    </params>
    <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
  </action>
  <action>
    <cmdType>File.Write</cmdType>
    <params>
      <param>plugins\TCP\html\commandhelp.html</param>
      <param>&lt;html&gt;&lt;head&gt;&lt;meta charset="UTF-8"&gt;&lt;title&gt;VoxComando Voice Command List&lt;/title&gt;&lt;style&gt;{LastResult}&lt;/style&gt;&lt;/head&gt;</param>
    </params>
    <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
  </action>
  <action>
    <cmdType>Help.ShowEnabled</cmdType>
    <params />
    <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
  </action>
  <action>
    <cmdType>TTS.Speak</cmdType>
    <params>
      <param>Refreshing command list on your local web server.</param>
    </params>
    <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
  </action>
  <action>
    <cmdType>File.Read</cmdType>
    <params>
      <param>commandhelp.html</param>
    </params>
    <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
  </action>
  <action>
    <cmdType>Results.RegExSingle</cmdType>
    <params>
      <param>&lt;/head&gt;(.*?)$</param>
    </params>
    <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
  </action>
  <action>
    <cmdType>File.Append</cmdType>
    <params>
      <param>plugins\TCP\html\commandhelp.html</param>
      <param>{Match.1}</param>
    </params>
    <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
  </action>
  <phrase>Send help</phrase>
</command>

I've only tested this with my very modest set of commands. It may not be the most efficient method if you have a huge command tree.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2014, 04:49:22 PM »
Nice one.  I have also updated the TCP plugin so that a reference to an external .css file will work.  It will be available in the next release.

Haddood

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2015, 06:13:51 PM »
Nice one.  I have also updated the TCP plugin so that a reference to an external .css file will work.  It will be available in the next release.

very nice ... one idea if you find that would make it even more useful, if the commands in html file are actually links or buttons, pressing them will trigger that command in VC ... (except were payload required) .. that, for example, will give the opportunity to enable or disable VC from that page directly ...etc.
When Voice command gets tough, use hand gestures

Mace

• $upporter
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2015, 11:46:39 PM »
So i've had a play around with these commands, and quite like it.

However, i've hit a bit of a snag with 'Help.ShowEnabled', this seems to just generate commandhelp.html form default enabled groups.

Is there a way to generate commandhelp.html form currently enabled groups?

Example:
I start VC
By default the group i want i disabled
i say a command to enable the group i want. (so now the default groups plus the ones ive just enabled are active)
If i then run Help.ShowEnabled, only the default groups show up, not the current groups i've enabled.

Is there a way to generate a commandhelp.html for currently active groups?

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2015, 08:28:50 AM »
It should probably work the way you describe it instead of showing the default groups.  I'll try to get this update into the next release.

Mace

• $upporter
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2015, 10:15:02 AM »
Hey for once it's not something i'm doing wrong.

I'll try to get this update into the next release.

I look forward to it.