Author Topic: Support: MpWifi Plugin Unhanded Exception  (Read 4994 times)

tvamvaki

• View Profile
Support: MpWifi Plugin Unhanded Exception
« on: November 18, 2014, 07:31:06 PM »
Hi,

I was wondering whether someone 'New can shed some light with an issue I am having with MP plugin. When I launch MpWifi and click "Connect" to test the plugin I get an handled exception.

I get the follow exception: "Could not load file or assembly 'Newtonsoft.json, Version-4.5.0.0'"

My system details are as follows:
- Windows 7 x86
- Voxcommando 2.1.0.7 (executing VoxCommandoSP.exe)
- MPWifi Plugin 0.2.6.0
- MediaPortal 1.9.0 with WifiRemote 0.8.3
- .NET Framework 4.5.50938

Thanks all  :)

Finally here's a dump of the full exception:

Code: [Select]
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Newtonsoft.Json, Version=4.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=30ad4fe6b2a6aeed' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 12:12:12 PM by jitterjames »

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: Support: MpWifi Plugin Unhanded Exception
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2014, 08:38:18 PM »
I will look into it.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2014, 09:04:09 PM »
OK Sorry about that.  Another plugin updated the json dlls and the mpwifi one was looking for the old version of this dll.  It is hard to keep track of all the plugins sometimes, especially ones I don't normally use myself.

For a quick fix, please replace the MpWifi.dll with the attached.  The file should be saved to your VC folder\plugins\MpWifi

It is also important to note that sometimes when you download a dll from a web page, Windows will block it.  To avoid this, after you download the dll file into the correct folder, you should right-click it, and select properties.  Then if you see a button at the bottom that says "Unblock" you should click it.  IF you don't see the button then you probably don't need to do anything.

I will include this new version in the next release of VC.  Thanks for pointing it out to us.

[30-Dec-2015 -- dll attachment deleted. This is an old dll. Users should not be downloading old dll's. As soon as new dll's are created, they become the standard plugin dll in the next release of VoxCommando.]
« Last Edit: December 30, 2015, 10:48:07 AM by nime5ter »

tvamvaki

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2014, 09:34:40 PM »
Thanks for the quick response. I just tried updating the DLL. Unfortunately I now no longer see the plugin.

The only MP related plugins I have now listed are: MpMessage and MpScan.

tvamvaki

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2014, 09:38:30 PM »
Got it working. The DDL was plugged by windows. Had to right click on the DLL go to properties and unblock it  :)

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2014, 09:54:07 PM »
Yup.  Always helps to read the whole post.

vas5150

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2015, 08:13:30 AM »
Hi

I am really interested in using this plugin. I am getting the same Error, I have downloaded the latest DLL but still same error.

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Getting Started with VoxCommando
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2015, 08:48:37 AM »
Welcome to the forum.

It's possible that there's a problem with this plugin now, thanks for mentioning it. Not too many of our users are using MediaPortal anymore.

We will look into it, but can you provide a bit more information? e.g.

1. What version of MP are you using?
2. What version of VC are you using?
3. When does the error occur?

http://voxcommando.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Getting_support#When_You_Ask
TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2015, 10:19:24 AM »
Here is an updated version of the dll for the MediaPortal plugin.  See my instructions above for unblocking the dll if necessary.
For a quick fix, please replace the MpWifi.dll with the attached.  The file should be saved to your VC folder\plugins\MpWifi

It is also important to note that sometimes when you download a dll from a web page, Windows will block it.  To avoid this, after you download the dll file into the correct folder, you should right-click it, and select properties.  Then if you see a button at the bottom that says "Unblock" you should click it.  IF you don't see the button then you probably don't need to do anything.

I'm not able to actually test this dll because I don't have MediaPortal installed and until you provide some more information it is not worth it for me to do that.

I should also point out that this plugin is for MediaPortal 1 only.  It probably does not work with MediaPortal 2.  If it does work with MP2 that's great but I don't intend to create a new plugin for MP 2 because I really don't think there is enough demand for it.

Please let us know if it works.

.dll removed, get the latest version of VC instead.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2016, 12:10:10 PM by jitterjames »

vas5150

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2015, 06:29:33 PM »
Hi Guys

thankyou very much for the help, I have it working with the new DLL.

It is working with VC 2.2.13 and MP 1.8

Could someone tell me how to play a movie instantly with the playvideofile action?

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2015, 07:05:40 PM »
It's a pretty simple action and the documentation is straightforward.  You just give it the full path of the file you want to play.

http://voxcommando.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Plugin_MpWifi#PlayVideoFile

For example I might use this path as the parameter:
Code: [Select]
\\NAS\video\Yoga for the Back.avi
Are you having trouble getting it to work?

How to generate a payloadXML file for all your videos is another question.  It's one of the reasons I moved away from MediaPortal years ago.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2015, 07:07:51 PM by jitterjames »

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2015, 07:11:07 PM »
It is working with VC 2.2.13 ...

A good reason to subscribe to us on twitter!  ;D
https://twitter.com/VoxCommando/status/681567129141932033

vas5150

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2015, 01:59:36 AM »
Thanks Jitterjames

I have it working. Although after playing the video, when I stop it I lose control of media portal and have to end media portal process.

I have found a way around this by using the mvpcfindmovie action and enter command.

I have been using media portal for many years now and have it setup exactly how i want. also intergrated into my automation system for scenes,macros, and IP control, would not want to move to XBMC at this point.

I am very excited about VC, only discovered it a week ago. Amazing program. I got plenty to learn though!!!

Thanks for your help. Have a Happy New Year!!!

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2015, 08:41:41 AM »
I have it working. Although after playing the video, when I stop it I lose control of media portal and have to end media portal process.

This is a bit sad.  Just playing a video file is such a simple task.  These types of issues are why I gave up on MediaPortal.  I have seen many problems and inconsistencies when trying to control MediaPortal using the WifiRemote plugin.  There appear to be many instabilities.  Some things might work once or twice and then stop working or crash MP.  I'm not sure if it is MediaPortal, WifiRemote, or other plugins that are to blame (I suspect MediaPortal itself) bit it is clear that these issues will never be resolved.

Anyway, I hope you still find some things that you can do that work reliably and improve the MP experience for you.

Happy New Year to you too!