Author Topic: TTS & XBMC  (Read 4066 times)

bp_pbs

• Contributor
    • View Profile
TTS & XBMC
« on: November 18, 2014, 07:08:35 PM »
Hello team,

I need help with the following. I have created an XBMC Status command to get the current status of my media collection.
It was working at first but now TTS will not speak most of the time. I keep getting errors on most of the tts.speak and other times its there's a long delay.

Can someone see where I am going wrong with this command?

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: TTS & XBMC
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2014, 09:19:44 PM »
Cool command.  It works fine here, apart from some minor skin settings differences (show parent items, and vertical versus horizontal lists)

I have sometimes noticed that different TTS voices behave in different ways when pushed to the limit.  Some don't like being told to speak when they are already speaking and some don't respond well when we try to change from one voice to another.  Other voices can do all these things without any issues.

I recommend that you restart VC and possibly reboot, but if that doesn't work then you should try to use a different TTS voice.  You could also try switching to only using TTS.SpeakSync, or only using TTS.Speak and see if it helps.

Which TTS voice are you using anyway?

bp_pbs

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2014, 10:30:18 PM »
James I figured it out. In XBMC it was my Audio Output Device under System. I set it to the correct one. Now is working. Thanks again.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 10:34:21 PM by nime5ter »

Casmo

• $upporter
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2014, 11:25:13 AM »
Hi,

What exactly do the 'Latest Movies' / 'Latest Albums' commands do?

bp_pbs

• Contributor
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2014, 01:37:11 PM »
I have the command to first give a run down of how many movies, TV shows, and Albums.  (Latest Movies)Then it goes to the Recently Added Movies view and tells the last 5 that were loaded. (Latest Albums) Then it goes to Recently Added Albums and do the same.

Casmo

• $upporter
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2014, 03:02:51 PM »
Ah gotcha, very cool. Incidentally, does your slideshow command work? I've struggled making this work. I've tried it as you have it and i get an 'unknown base action' error. I've taken out 'recursive', no error but it just doesn't do anything..

Thanks

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2014, 03:51:54 PM »
That command no longer seems to work in Gotham, but you can do it this way (better anyway)

Code: [Select]
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?>
<!--VoxCommando 2.1.2.3-->
<command id="1671" name="Play SlideShow (sample needs edit)" enabled="true" alwaysOn="False" confirm="False" requiredConfidence="0" loop="False" loopDelay="0" loopMax="0" description="">
  <action>
    <cmdType>XJson.Raw/</cmdType>
    <params>
      <param>Player.Open</param>
      <param>"item":{"directory":"J:\Rolls\00 HD Wallpaper\"}</param>
    </params>
    <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
  </action>
  <phrase>Play Slideshow</phrase>
</command>

of course you will need to edit the path.

I'm not sure about random or recursive options though.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2014, 04:06:43 PM »
Here is a version with both shuffled and recursive set to true.

Code: [Select]
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?>
<!--VoxCommando 2.1.2.3-->
<command id="1671" name="Play SlideShow (sample needs edit)" enabled="true" alwaysOn="False" confirm="False" requiredConfidence="0" loop="False" loopDelay="0" loopMax="0" description="">
  <action>
    <cmdType>XJson.Raw/</cmdType>
    <params>
      <param>Player.Open</param>
      <param>"item":{"recursive": true,"directory":"J:\Rolls New\20030830 Labour Day"},"options": {"shuffled": true}</param>
    </params>
    <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
  </action>
  <phrase>Play Slideshow</phrase>
</command>

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2014, 04:07:18 PM »
Note that if you have non-photos in the folder I think it will try to "play" them too.

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Getting Started with VoxCommando
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2014, 04:45:31 PM »
... I wish I'd known you were on this, oh jitterman, so that I hadn't wasted the last 20 minutes on it myself. :)

Ah well. At least I learned some things about XBMC in the process.

Also: I can confirm this will play other files in the same directory as your photos. I had a directory with photos and videos in it, and it started with a video.

If you want to play a slideshow while listening to music, start the music up first.
TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)

Casmo

• $upporter
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2014, 11:11:41 AM »
Hmmm... neither of those actually worked for me for some reason. I'll have another look later.

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Getting Started with VoxCommando
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2014, 11:26:27 AM »
Main thing to check is probably typos in the file path to wherever your photos are, and that the images have an appropriate file type. RAW image files, for example, won't load.

Edit: and as always, check the VC history window, rolling over individual entries where useful, to see what it says is happening or not happening.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 11:33:55 AM by nime5ter »
TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2014, 11:56:19 AM »
Hmmm... neither of those actually worked for me for some reason. I'll have another look later.
Based on all the information you have provided us with, my guess is that you made some kind of mistake.  If you fix it, it will probably work.