Author Topic: Speech recognition and command/phrase setup  (Read 5201 times)

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando

tn42

• View Profile
Re: Speech recognition and command/phrase setup
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2014, 09:38:20 AM »
If all microphones are connected to the same soundcard input, then also all VC instances will pickup the voices from each room at the same time - so it makes no difference if you use one or four instances. I think the multiroom solution is a bit tricky and maybe James can give you a answer to your questions or you can search here in the forum for "multiroom" or "open mic" and you will find some posts from other users.

I plan to use 1 sound card / room. I thought that would solve the problem, but maybe not?  :P
« Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 09:43:42 AM by tn42 »

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2014, 10:17:17 AM »
In theory you can do it.  But VoxCommando will only listen on the default audio input.  In order to change the input you must change the default input.

That means that all your other instances of VC will want to use the new default input the next time they switch on.

The solution is to have each instance reset the default input to the one they want to use before turning on.  It should work (as long as they are not all turning on at the same time) but I have not tested this extensively.

Another problem you might have is that you probably can't just run unamplified microphone input wires over long distances without signal loss and/or noise.

We don't particularly like to have a forum thread that is all about the various issues a single user is facing because the information is not very accessible to other forum members.  If you can't find a thread that is already discussing your issues, then start a new one in an appropriate board.  In this case there are already at least 10 threads and an entire forum "board" dedicated to this topic.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 12:24:58 PM by jitterjames »

tn42

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2014, 03:33:22 AM »
Okey, thanx.

I can run 4 Virtual machines with one instances of VC per virtual computer. So they can use the default microphone for that virtual computer. Without the problem of setting up and configure several instances on one single computer.

I guess that I need a license of VC that enables me to run 4-5 VC at the same time? Do I need to contact the admin for such  a license or can I just purches 1 license and and install it on 4-5 virtual computers?

Best regards TN42

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2014, 04:32:43 AM »
Hi tn42, this is a part from VC purchase website:

"Once a computer has been activated you can have as many installations of VoxCommando on that computer as you like. You don't need to activate each copy."  ;)

To run two or more instances of VC, create for each a shortcut on the desktop. Edit each shortcut's properties and put at the end of the target -new
If you want to use different settings for each instance, just install each VoxCommando into different folders.

[Post edited by James & nime5ter.]

« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 08:32:13 AM by nime5ter »
***********  get excited and make things  **********

tn42

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2014, 04:37:28 AM »
Hi tn42, this is a part from VC purchase website:

"Once a computer has been activated you can have as many installations of VoxCommando on that computer as you like. You don't need to activate each copy."  ;)

To run two or more instances of VC, create for each a link on the desktop. Go to properties and put at the end of the target -new
You can use for each different settings.

Yes, I just sent a mail to VC asking about the license for VC if I run it on 4-5 virtual computers at the same time. :-)

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2014, 08:23:44 AM »
It depends on what kind of hardware ids the virtual machines will report but the activation system will probably see this as 4 or 5 separate machines. The system allows 3 machines for the sake of flexibility (technically 2 are allowed). So you may need a second license to get 5 machines working, even if they are virtual.

Why don't you try a test using the trial mode to see if this will even work out for you first? Or you could try the solution that I suggested to you which should be much easier to manage anyway.

http://voxcommando.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Actions#SetSpeechInput
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 08:26:33 AM by jitterjames »