Author Topic: Using IR - TSES-IR01 transceiver  (Read 6795 times)

cdburns123

• View Profile
Using IR - TSES-IR01 transceiver
« on: November 13, 2014, 04:11:10 PM »
This is my first go at figuring out how to program an IR device, but this is what I want accomplish:

Speak, "On Screen"...have my TV change the INPUT section by sending the IR command.  This will allow me to change my TV to display the PC or "TV Time", to change it back to the original input.

I have an eHome - TSES-IR01 transceiver, but not sure how to get started.  Any help would be GREAT!
I'm assuming since this has a USB and an IR transmitter, this is all I need?  Well, and either eventghost or just voxcommando?

Thanks everyone!

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: Using IR - TSES-IR01 transceiver
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2014, 06:11:29 PM »
Yes, I recommend that you use EventGhost.  It is not possible with VC because we have not created a plugin for the MCE transceiver.  I looked around but could not find any libraries that seemed accessible enough to create something without spending a great deal of time on it and anyway my programming experience in that area is too limited.

If you want to talk directly to a device with VC then you need to use either an itach (or similar IP controlled device) or a USBUIRT.

I no longer use my MCE transceiver but I used to have good results using EventGhost and Stottle's MCE plugin for EventGhost which is extensively discussed here: http://eventghost.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1789&sid=3075ae5d3a96efc74c93883b3fa1b214

I don't expect you to read the entire thread because it is very long but I suggest you give it a look.  Note that the best way to use this plugin is to allow it to disable the default windows/mce connection, which means that you'll need to remap all the default keys on the MCE remote is you are using them.  Since you are currently only interested in using the MCE to send signals then this may not apply to you.  Also keep in mind that there are at least 2 MCE plugins for EventGhost.  I don't know if Stottle's ships with the EventGhost installer but if not you can get it on the thread I linked to.  The original plugin did not work very well with versions of Windows later than XP (I think).

cdburns123

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2014, 06:31:02 PM »
Thanks for the information.
I just hate the thought of spending more (itach, etc.) money to issue one command.

I'll take a look and see what I can come up with.

Aparicio

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2018, 11:55:05 PM »
Where are all the sources of this learning come from?