Author Topic: What are good prefix, and prefix confidence  (Read 2709 times)

Haddood

• $upporter
    • View Profile
What are good prefix, and prefix confidence
« on: October 18, 2014, 09:37:29 PM »
As everybody aware that in open-air mic system the first line of defense against false positives is the prefix and it is confidence level ...

finding the good settings might be a long winding road not necessary leading to the right door ( not sure why Beatles song rang in my head in the middle of the sentence)

I hope this thread will be a place to share our experiences ... what is the prefix, what is the confidence level and any recommendations ...
When Voice command gets tough, use hand gestures

keithj69

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Re: What are good prefix, and prefix confidence
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2014, 05:35:12 PM »
Prefix; Lemon. 
Confidence level; 78

I was getting a lot of "false-positives", as in I would get the acknowledge sound.  Always happens with the tv/music on in the background.  James pointed out the "pay attention" command as a possibility of some of the responses.  I disabled the command and over the weekend and have noticed less ack responses. 
The one common falsepos response has been to "who's playing" from the mm command list.  But with the pay attention command disabled, i am hoping it will subside. 

Prefix tips:
different language than spoken in the home
steer clear form words that have a lot of rhyming words
Plan on some testing.  Not 1-2 days, it may be a couple of weeks. And be prepared to change the prefix.

If you want to keep the pay attention command, do not use default.  It is amazing how often the default commands are used on tv.

as a side note to this, the equipment used plays heavily into this also. 

Haddood

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2014, 05:59:06 AM »
Prefix: Niles
Confidence Level: 70
Mic: Kinect, using it through Kinect Tab
Standard SAPI

I used to Have Prefix Confidence Level at 50 .. so I used to end up with a lot of false positives .. just few days ago I switched to 70%. and things improved a lot ...
during my tests with Netflix programing, I found Netflix works very well as a prefix ...

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2014, 11:38:58 AM »
I'm sure "OK Google" would be good. :P

I can pretty much tell right away if a prefix will be good by looking at it.  Netflix looks like it would be good.  Lemon does not seem like it would be too good.

I have had success with "Hey Bella" and "Bellatrix" but I don't use open mic extensively in regular usage.

Ideally you want at least 3 syllables, and a mix of different vowels and at least one hard consonant.  Netflix is good even though it has only 2 syllables because it has all sorts of distinct sounding phonemes.  Jarvis is also good for this reason.

"Computer" looks OK except that the word itself is probably too common, and not that much fun to say over and over!
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 03:03:23 PM by jitterjames »

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2014, 03:02:09 PM »
Oh and Niles looks like a poor choice... even worse than Lemon!  ;)

Haddood

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2014, 12:11:18 AM »
Oh and Niles looks like a poor choice... even worse than Lemon!  ;)

I was expecting it to be ... however after increasing confidence level things improved a lot ... very few false positives ..

vulcanjedi

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2014, 01:41:54 AM »
I use Jarvis and it works rather well. I have had conf @ 75-85% depending on how I'm oriented in my LR, previously further away. My false postitives for open air are very minimal IMO