Author Topic: Two problems with VC  (Read 1362 times)

HomieTheClown

• View Profile
Two problems with VC
« on: October 15, 2014, 03:30:03 PM »
There have been two issues I have been dealing with in VC for a while now. Just now getting around to looking at it.

1) In XBMC Vox will randomly pause the playback of the song or movie I'm playing. I'm using an amulet remote so I thought it might be it, but I verified many times that the remote was not touched or bumped and had no red light (or any) when the XBMC pauses.  The random pausing sometimes is the only inadvertent commands being sent to from VC.

2) The other huge headache VC gives me is how it won't respond sometimes until I restart it. EXAMPLE: I'll come home after a workout leaving the computer on a few hours. I'll try to use Vox and it won't respond. As soon as I restart it, everything is fine. It just seems to ignore any voice commands I give up (in green listening mode of course). I haven't tried to re-install VC yet.

James I am hoping you have some ideas bud.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: Two problems with VC
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2014, 03:42:19 PM »
You've already asked this question more than once.  I attempted to provide support to you but you did not follow up.  I suggest you read the answer I gave you the first time: http://voxcommando.com/forum/index.php?topic=1708.msg14861#msg14861

I can't help you with your huge headache, but if you use the Amulet USB utility it might solve your problem.  If not then once again you will need to post a log at the very least.

pmdaniels73

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2014, 12:34:46 AM »
Could something as simple as low batteries cause this? I have never seen or used the amulet remote. Just a guess.

HomieTheClown

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2014, 03:45:38 PM »
If you think that VC is responsible for randomly pausing a movie then you need to post a log so we can see what is really happening.  If you are not already using the Amulet USB Monitor to turn VC on and off then I suggest you try that first.  The motion sensor in the Amulet is quite sensitive and in some cases it might turn on when jiggled.  When it turns on it may make a "turning on sound" like a hiss or a pop.  If you have a single syllable command phrase such as "pause" (the default xmbc config may have this) you can also try to change this to something longer to avoid it triggering that phrase when hearing this Amulet sound.  Chose what you are most comfortable remembering and saying but a phrase like "press pause" or "pause playback" etc. will be much less likely to be triggered by accident.

It happened today so here is a picture of the recent history. It happened at 1:30 pm which is highlighted in a red box. It shows a 74% for the pause command. Once again the amulet remote was lying on the table. The remote did not have a red "listening" light one. So heard the "Pause" command according to the green horn icon. For the life of me, I don't understand where it heard it from. Does the amulet remote randomly start listening for anything even with the remote lying flat on the table with no red light? VC is hearing the pause command somewhere.

I read this :If you are not already using the Amulet USB Monitor to turn VC on and off then I suggest you try that first.  I am not sure how to do that, but I am sure it's not that hard. I will look into trying that. Anyway maybe the picture can help.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2014, 04:13:50 PM »
That is not a log.

You can try to change the phrase from "pause" to "pause playback" and it will be much less likely to go off by accident.

And of course you can use the Amulet monitor as well.

Looks like I am repeating myself...
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 04:40:44 PM by nime5ter »

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2014, 04:43:58 PM »
@HomieTheClown

If you search the Amulet monitor tool, take a look here http://voxcommando.com/downloads.asp and click on "download extras". You will find the amulet tool after extracting the file. After that start the amuletUSB.exe.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 12:05:25 PM by jitterjames »
***********  get excited and make things  **********