Author Topic: Sending spoken text to Skype text  (Read 2704 times)

jb5349

• View Profile
Sending spoken text to Skype text
« on: October 04, 2014, 03:29:03 PM »
I would like to be able to send the TTS spoken text to Skype text message. The problem is that in my TTS.Speak I have random responses separated with the | and I would like the one that is spoken also sent through Skype.SendText

I saw something mentioned called friendly payloads, is that something I would use here? I am just confused. I tried {LastResult} and {LastSpoken} and see those didn't work like I thought.

Any help or direction would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jeff

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: Sending spoken text to Skype text
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2014, 03:38:59 PM »
No this has nothing to do with friendly payloads.

Also, you can't just send one action to another action so the fact that TTS selects randomly from "piped" phrases is not relevant.

{LastResult} is the result that was returned by the last action that returned a result (some actions do not return anything).

{LastSpoken} is the text that was last spoken by the user (actually it is what was recognized) , not what was last spoken by the TTS engine.

If you want to send chat text with Skype you need to add your own action for that to your macro, in addition to (or replacing) the TTS.Speak action.

The variables you are trying to use are all explained in the wiki: http://voxcommando.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Variables
« Last Edit: October 04, 2014, 03:43:00 PM by jitterjames »