Author Topic: Problem passing payload from VC to EG  (Read 2576 times)

cyberb0b

• View Profile
Problem passing payload from VC to EG
« on: September 23, 2014, 02:02:55 PM »
I am an experienced EG user, but trying to use VC. I have an HTPC with W7 WMC running, that I watch TV through, with an external AV receiver. I am using the MCE Remote with blaster, and EG plugin. I have it all setup.

I want to say Volume Up, and have VC turn the volume up through eventghost. This is working fine. I am having trouble passing a payload to EG. When I say Volume Up 5, I see this in the EG event Log, so it is working as expected.

Code: [Select]
Broadcast.Volume Up '5'
The problem is that when I drag it to the configuration tree, it drops the '5' and simple says:
Code: [Select]
Broadcast.Volume Up
It doesn't seem to recognize the difference between the two. Any help?

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Getting Started with VoxCommando
Re: Problem passing payload from VC to EG
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2014, 03:31:21 PM »
Welcome to the forum.

Can you please post the xml for the Eventghost macro and the VC command that you're trying to use?
« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 03:34:05 PM by nime5ter »
TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: Problem passing payload from VC to EG
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2014, 03:46:26 PM »
You basically just need to do a web search for
EventGhost payloads
and you'll find what you need.  If you are a fan of EventGhost it is worth learning how to use events and payloads.

I should point out in this case that you don't need to use EventGhost to control your volume if VoxCommando and WMC are on the same machine.  Then again if you want to control your receiver then maybe you do.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 03:52:20 PM by jitterjames »