Author Topic: Weather xml request  (Read 14144 times)

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: Weather xml request
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2014, 12:55:27 PM »
Unfortunately this does not help us to understand the problem any better.

Spenner11

• British laddo, kicking it in B.C
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2014, 03:14:17 PM »
I have tried all of the recommendations yourself and kalle advised me to do but the problem is still the same  :-\
James is there any possible way you could send me via email the PY Plugin folder from your installation?
Im no computer wizz like you guys but if the problem is the .dll file would replacing the whole plugin folder with a working plugin folder rectify the problem?  ::hmm
Maybe redownloading VCsetup and trying a fresh install could help.... ::hmm

Im out of ideas myself so im just clutching at straws, otherwise VC works perfectly other than this one command.
Maybe its a mystery that will never be solved  ;D

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2014, 03:26:52 PM »
I have tried all of the recommendations yourself and kalle advised me to do but the problem is still the same  :-\
James is there any possible way you could send me via email the PY Plugin folder from your installation?
Im no computer wizz like you guys but if the problem is the .dll file would replacing the whole plugin folder with a working plugin folder rectify the problem?  ::hmm
Maybe redownloading VCsetup and trying a fresh install could help.... ::hmm

Im out of ideas myself so im just clutching at straws, otherwise VC works perfectly other than this one command.
Maybe its a mystery that will never be solved  ;D

Yes it may be that you won't be able to use the python plugin until your next system upgrade or a re-install of Windows.

I thought you did try a fresh install of VC already.  If you think that downloading the installer again will help then I suggest you do that as well.

Try this:
- Download 2.107 again
- Do a fresh install in an empty folder.
- Select the basic configuration.
- go to options and enable the python plugin.
- restart VC.
- try to open the python plugin settings from the main VC menu (Plugins >> PY).

There is no point in me sending you my python plugin folder since it will be the same as the one in the installer which everyone else is using without problems.

Spenner11

• British laddo, kicking it in B.C
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2014, 04:04:48 PM »
After a factory reset of Windows and full re-install of VC the problem is now fixed.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2014, 04:40:55 PM »
Great.  Thanks for letting us know.

Computers...  :bonk

Bighigh69

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2015, 01:07:00 AM »
I am new to Vox commando. I put this in and getting format error when reading weather. Please help.. thanks :D

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Getting Started with VoxCommando
« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2015, 08:00:37 AM »
Hi Bighigh69,

We can't really help without more info from you.

1. What is "this" that you "put in"? :-) ... It's a long thread.
2. The command at the beginning of the thread requires enabling the Python plugin and a few more steps, including loading a Python script. Are you sure you followed all the necessary steps? (Let us know exactly what you did.)
3. If you just want a simple weather command (e.g. get today's weather), you don't need to start with something so elaborate as the example in this thread.
4. Is the Weather Underground plugin set up properly with your location and generally working for you? (i.e. if you test the various forecast formats in the plugin window, do they work or do you get a format error?)

Some links that may also help.

"Other Specific Tips" - http://voxcommando.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Getting_support#How_to_Get_Help_on_the_Forum
http://voxcommando.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Plugin_WUnder
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 08:06:36 AM by nime5ter »
TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)

yokel

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 09, 2015, 02:29:12 AM »
I am new to Vox commando. I put this in and getting format error when reading weather. Please help.. thanks :D

I was having the same problem.  The python code was erroring out on line 1 row 10 or so.  It looks like the current version of the Python plugin is missing Lib datetime.  After copying Lib datetime to the VoxCommando\plugins\PY\Lib folder all is working well for me.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 02:31:17 AM by yokel »

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #38 on: May 09, 2015, 08:16:02 AM »
Thanks Yokel.

I'm not sure what might be different on your system but this step should not be necessary.  I just tested with a fresh install of VC 2.145 and it works "out of the box".

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Getting Started with VoxCommando
« Reply #39 on: May 09, 2015, 09:47:20 AM »
For other users trying out this command: The most common error users are experiencing in this thread is the Format.Error showing up in their feedback, rather than the relevant data from Weather Underground.

That is not what Yokel experienced above, so don't assume your problem is the same as his and go hunting for missing modules. :)

You'll most often get a Format.Error message in your OSD if:

A) you haven't enabled the Python plugin,
B) you've reinitialized the Python plugin for some reason, or
C) you haven't executed the Python script for this command yet.

The easiest way to do the latter is to restart VC before testing the voice command. The command group is set up to load the script when VC loads.

Much more rarely, there may be a problem with the weather station you've selected within the WUnder plugin. In this case, you'll also see a Format.Error message if you test any of the forecast formats in your plugin settings. You can solve that problem by choosing a different local weather station manually rather than using the autoip default.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2015, 06:20:29 PM by nime5ter »
TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)

yokel

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 21, 2015, 12:13:35 AM »
Thanks Yokel.

I'm not sure what might be different on your system but this step should not be necessary.  I just tested with a fresh install of VC 2.145 and it works "out of the box".

Hmm, not sure how i ended up with the missing lib then.  Running win7 with previously installed python 3.4 & 2.7.  Sorry if i confused anyone. 

Update.  I was just setting up a new PC.  Fresh win7 x64 ultimate & current VC.  Lib datetime is missing again.  Not trying to be a jerk, just letting you know so others don't run into the same problem.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 12:03:27 AM by yokel »