Author Topic: USBUIRT plugin - using MCE Remote buttons to control TV/XBMC/Amp functions?  (Read 7361 times)

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Getting Started with VoxCommando
Re: USBUIRT plugin - using MCE Remote buttons to control TV/XBMC/Amp functions?
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2014, 02:59:44 PM »
With regard to your question about event names, see http://voxcommando.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Plugin_UsbUuirt_Guide

Note that since the Amulet remote doesn't technically have a power button, it is not transmitting one of the standard MCE power codes that would typically generate the MCE.PowerToggle event. You will need to either add the new codes to your MCE.xml file or create a new payloadXML file if you want the events to be named something else.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 03:31:16 PM by nime5ter »
TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)

HomieTheClown

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2014, 10:31:28 PM »
Thx NS. I had to open up the MCE.xml file to add it in. I finally got it working!

Is there a way to get VC to automatically to run a command when it starts? I am sure you can get eventghost to do that, but I was hoping VC could run a command on it's own.  Here's the scenario. I want to be able to boot up my computer which starts VC. When VC starts, I want it to turn on my tv and receiver via the USBUIRT. It doesn't sound too complicated.

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2014, 04:02:15 AM »
Yes and the way is simple  ;)
VoxCommando generate a event when it is ready after start (VC.Loaded), so you can create a command in VC (with USBUIRT ir actions), which will trigger when the VC.Loaded event is fired. Don't forget to put a short pause between the IR actions, because this give the USBUIRT time to send each IR command successively.
***********  get excited and make things  **********

HomieTheClown

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2014, 07:08:31 AM »
Thx mate. I'll try it tomorrow when I get back. Cheers.