Author Topic: Integrating windows with VC  (Read 2430 times)

Haddood

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Integrating windows with VC
« on: August 25, 2014, 09:51:24 PM »
windows keep pretty detailed log about the pc it is running on .... each of these events can be used to trigger VC to do something ... one can easily make a Star Trek type of scenario where the VC announces system errors or when it completed backup successfully... it is pretty easy do prepare ... however the hard part is finding the right event .... I was hoping to find an event that triggers when a Bluetooth device comes in range as a way to detect when I arrive home.

here is a nice article that details how to do it .... http://blogs.technet.com/b/otto/archive/2007/11/09/find-the-event-that-triggered-your-task.aspx

When Voice command gets tough, use hand gestures

rebelmaveric19

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2014, 04:36:28 PM »
You can use BTProx with the said computer and have it throw a eventghost event which in turn throws a VC event. The program is used to lock and unlock your PC when you are near but you can make it do a custom command on the phone coming within range. My setup does it like this c:program files(x86)eventghosteventghost.exe -event RogerProximity Near and my VC knows I am in the same room. For VC to know I am home I use autolocation plugin in tasker on android to know when I am in a geofence  area to fire an event to VC to tell it I am home. I'll explain more if you are interested.

Haddood

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Re: Integrating windows with VC
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2014, 06:00:27 PM »
Thanks for the info rebel I used BTProx a while ago ... I should give it another try ...
I think one can skip EG and generate the event directly in VC
I am not sure about android as I have an iPhone, and she I use it with BTProx it start sending calks to widows and I have to switch manually back ... Not sure if there are certain way in windows to disable that
When Voice command gets tough, use hand gestures

rebelmaveric19

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2014, 06:09:52 PM »
I dont think you can use command line to generate an event in VC, that's why I use event ghost but I use eventghost for a lot of other stuff too.

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Getting Started with VoxCommando
TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)

rebelmaveric19

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Re: Integrating windows with VC
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2014, 06:32:39 PM »
I stand corrected. That's what I get for not reading again lol.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 06:49:06 PM by nime5ter »