Author Topic: Adding Entry to History  (Read 1325 times)

Haddood

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Adding Entry to History
« on: August 17, 2014, 12:06:25 AM »
till now I use the OSD to show info for debugging ... I was wondering if there is a way (python script?) to add an entry to history Pane,  like announcement in order to avoid using the OSD
When Voice command gets tough, use hand gestures

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: Adding Entry to History
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2014, 08:55:02 AM »
Hmmm I don't know.

Can you give an example of how you would use this? It seems redundant.

You can always use File.WriteLine to maintain your own log.

Haddood

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2014, 05:36:01 PM »
I do use file.write to maintain different logs ... however those are out of its context (doesn't show all what happened before and after I log the entry, and that is the advantage of adding entries in the history pane) ... usually when I develop commands I put some markers and display them with OSD... example; when a macro finished, I can log that this one is finished and now it wall call the next macro.

Maybe this has to do a lot with the way I am using Vox Commando as I am writing "function blocks" and they call each other ... to minimize revisions and have more consistent behavior.
a concrete example will be; I load python scripts with the event Python Ready ... at the end of the macro I issue an OSD saying loading python is finished ... however since many things happens at the same time it is difficult to track in the log if all was successful ... having a user announcement with special icon will be easy to track visually ...

to give you an idea about how things are on my side I am attaching the log that is generated just for starting VC. that is before any use or commands from the user.

BTW: many thanks for adding the parameter for the history window in the options, it made life way easier in debugging ....

Haddood

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2014, 04:35:52 AM »
I managed to achieve the desired print function effect by using a non existing action  >:D >:D