Author Topic: No hosts - Razr i (XT890)  (Read 1654 times)

kitehigh

• View Profile
No hosts - Razr i (XT890)
« on: August 15, 2014, 09:19:34 AM »
Hello,

I have been trying to get VoxWav (free) working to try it out, but when I press on the radio tower there are no hosts to select. I have tried putting in my IP in settings but no difference.

I have gone through the VoxWav wiki, making sure all ports match up, enabled tcpmic, checked firewall exceptions and tried it with firewall off. Other apps such as XBMC remote work via the phone so it is properly connected to the network etc.

VC version: 2.0.0.5
VW version: 2.1

Does this work on x86 androids?

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: No hosts - Razr i (XT890)
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2014, 09:34:02 AM »
I don't know about x86 androids but I assume they will work.

You should be fine with only the default ports, unless those ports are already being used for some reason.

When you press the radio tower icon in VoxWav, does anything appear in your VoxCommando history panel?

kitehigh

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2014, 11:57:26 AM »
I don't know about x86 androids but I assume they will work.

Ok, I don't know anything about making apps but just wanted to check as sometimes they don't work on x86..

When you press the radio tower icon in VoxWav, does anything appear in your VoxCommando history panel?

No, nothing.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2014, 12:20:11 PM »
In VoxCommando go to options / advanced tab and check that the listen port is set to 33000

In VoxWav Free open the settings and check that
"Enable UDP" is checked
and
"UDP send port" is set to 33000

These are the default settings but you might have messed them up at some point.

To be safe you might want to make sure that VoxWav free has been completely shut down using "Full Exit" and then restart it.

If you still don't see anything appear in VoxCommando's history panel when you press "Hello" (radio tower) then you have a fundamental network problem.  Either there is still some kind of firewall (or unlikely but possibly antivirus?) blocking communication, or your Android and your windows PC are not actually on the same LAN segment.

In normal situations this only takes one minute to set up using all default settings.  You only need to enable the TcpMic plugin and restart VC, then click the "hello" button.  Done.

kitehigh

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2014, 05:59:30 PM »
Ok so reinstalled  voxcommando and voxwav, tried again and it worked! So ovbiously I messed around with something I shouldn't have before trying it  :bonk