Author Topic: Using VC on headless PC with RDP  (Read 1621 times)

Haddood

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Using VC on headless PC with RDP
« on: August 14, 2014, 04:47:54 PM »
I ran VC on a headless PC .. however when accessing the PC remotely with RDP VC "Stops" listening to voice commands due to the way RDP is made. (full discussion here: http://voxcommando.com/forum/index.php?topic=1658.0) ...

From that discussion based on article shared by James a solution appeared .. that is to run a certain command to disconnect RDP ...

to stream line the process and make it permanent I created a windows Task to run that command automatically when RDP is disconnected ...

the task can be imported by importing the attached file into windows task scheduler ...

(this task works by disconnecting session 1, which is the case if it is always the same user logging remotely on a non server windows machine)
When Voice command gets tough, use hand gestures

vulcanjedi

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Re: Using VC on headless PC with RDP
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2014, 05:00:55 PM »
I assume this machine will always only have one user ever RDP into it? I'm not sure I agree w/ your statement re 'session 1'
Sometimes you may have a disconnected session and a new session will be created as well.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 06:37:39 PM by jitterjames »

Haddood

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Re: Using VC on headless PC with RDP
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2014, 06:12:47 PM »
for me this did not happen with one account on the machine ... I believe it can happen only if the machine has multiple accounts ...
When Voice command gets tough, use hand gestures