Author Topic: OSD Alternates Not showing  (Read 4070 times)

lja

• View Profile
OSD Alternates Not showing
« on: August 06, 2014, 12:30:37 AM »
V 2.005

I have 3 songs with the same name by different artists. I am trying to get the alternates to show in a popup. Command "Play song ..." plays the first song, "play next"  plays the second etc. However there is no popup showing the 3 alternates. I have selected under Options but no luck. I have read the wiki but still no luck. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: OSD Alternates Not showing
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2014, 08:56:35 AM »
VoxCommando only knows the name of the song and if they have exactly the same song name then VC does not recognize any difference between them.  By default MM songs are request by name only.

You could switch your play song command to use MMSongByArtist.xml as the payload, but personally I don't think it is worth the trouble.

How large is your music library?  Using the song by artist will significantly increase the memory demands and processing time when you rebuild / load.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 10:52:40 AM by jitterjames »

lja

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2014, 11:06:04 AM »

Thanks. Will play with it.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 04:32:46 PM by jitterjames »

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Getting Started with VoxCommando
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2014, 09:02:06 AM »
In case you're having difficulty finding the threads on how to create a "song by artist" command in MM, see:

http://voxcommando.com/forum/index.php?topic=764.msg6018#msg6018 (for discussion of this topic and important cautions)

&

http://voxcommando.com/forum/index.php?topic=488.msg3621#msg3621 (for ready to use command xml)
« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 09:20:57 AM by jitterjames »
TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2014, 09:08:51 AM »
I'm working on an update to the MM plugin that will generate the "song by artist" and "song in album" payloads only for duplicate titles.  For me this results in only about 300 tracks out of 9000, which won't add too much extra strain if it is run alongside the normal play song command.

I don't know how realistic this will be for other plugins but I'll see about adding it to the xSQL plugin for XBMC too.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 09:15:40 AM by nime5ter »

lja

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2014, 12:51:38 PM »
I'm working on an update to the MM plugin that will generate the "song by artist" and "song in album" payloads only for duplicate titles.  For me this results in only about 300 tracks out of 9000, which won't add too much extra strain if it is run alongside the normal play song command.

I don't know how realistic this will be for other plugins but I'll see about adding it to the xSQL plugin for XBMC too.

Thanks. Looking forward to trying this. In the interim I will review the above and try the approach mentioned.

lja

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2014, 03:30:45 PM »
@jitterjames Thanks.