Author Topic: Fibaro Home Center 2  (Read 28663 times)

jamesst

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Fibaro Home Center 2
« on: July 22, 2014, 11:36:57 AM »
Hi,

I have been using voxcommando succesfully for years now, both with eventghost and Mediaportal and eventghost Rfxcom plugin. Now I am planig to move on z-wave devices as hoping that will be more reliable and will know devices status.
I am very tempted to go with Fibaro Home Center, but I certnaly don't wont louse my voxcommando funcionality.
So,is there any possibility that vox will be having plugin fot hc2?

Thanks for your toughts.

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Getting Started with VoxCommando
Re: Fibaro Home Center 2
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2014, 11:52:20 AM »
Hello jamesst,

You might be interested to read the comments about Fibaro that took place on youtube recently:

In theory, it should be possible to use the existing scrape actions in VC with the Fibaro controller. http://voxcommando.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Home_Automation

If you have any follow-up questions, let us know.
TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2014, 01:43:11 PM »
Here are some example commands that should work in theory, if the documentation provided here is correct: http://forum.fibaro.com/viewtopic.php?t=1252

Code: [Select]
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?>
<!--VoxCommando 2.0.0.0-->
<commandGroup open="True" name="Fibaro untested commands based on documentation only" enabled="True" prefix="" priority="0" requiredProcess="" description="">
  <command id="261" name="dim {1} to {2}" enabled="true" alwaysOn="False" confirm="False" requiredConfidence="0" loop="False" loopDelay="0" loopMax="0" description="{1} - payload 1 provides the device ID for a dimmable device.&#xD;&#xA;{2} - payload 2 provides the value that you want to dim the light to (e.g. 50).">
    <action>
      <cmdType>Scrape</cmdType>
      <params>
        <param>http://Your HC2 ip address/api/callAction?deviceID={1}&amp;name=setValue&amp;arg1={2}</param>
      </params>
      <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
    </action>
    <phrase>dim</phrase>
    <payloadFromXML phraseOnly="False" use2partPhrase="False" phraseConnector="by" Phrase2wildcard="anyone" optional="False">fibaro_dimmables.xml</payloadFromXML>
    <phrase>to</phrase>
    <payloadRange>10,100</payloadRange>
    <phrase optional="true">percent</phrase>
  </command>
  <command id="267" name="activate scene" enabled="true" alwaysOn="False" confirm="False" requiredConfidence="0" loop="False" loopDelay="0" loopMax="0" description="{1} is the scene ID. You can create a payload xml file that associates this ID with a &quot;friendly name&quot; for your scene, such as &quot;going to work&quot; or &quot;TV time&quot;.">
    <action>
      <params>
        <param>http://&lt;HC2 ip address&gt;/api/sceneControl?id={1}&amp;action=start </param>
      </params>
      <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
    </action>
    <phrase>activate scene</phrase>
    <payloadFromXML phraseOnly="False" use2partPhrase="False" phraseConnector="by" Phrase2wildcard="anyone" optional="False">fibaro_scenes.xml</payloadFromXML>
  </command>
</commandGroup>

You should also be able to use their "get json status" examples to retrieve information. Again, you can use the scrape action. The data from Fibaro will then be stored in {LastResult}. You may need to use some regular expressions to isolate the data that you want.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2019, 08:29:17 AM by nime5ter »
TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2014, 01:51:38 PM »
If you want to use Z-Wave with VoxCommando I would consider going with a Vera controller.

A Fibaro plugin for VoxCommando is highly unlikely.

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2014, 02:45:52 PM »
and by the way, it is also possible your rfxcom stuff with the vera controller  ;)

http://de.slideshare.net/mobile/domoticadavinci/quick-start-vera-tith-rfxcom
***********  get excited and make things  **********

jamesst

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2014, 02:50:58 PM »
Thank you nime5ter for your fast replay, at the moment that looks too complicated to me. Can you get device status or sensor temperatures in voxcommando with this?
 Plugin was something I hopped for. The reason why I was looking at Fibaro because I wonted a controller that would be usable to everyone in my family (nice and friendly ipad UI). At the moment i do have fun with my setup at home but others (wife) don't get much use out of it.
Is there a reason why the plugin is highly unlikely?

Thanks Kalle, I know there is a that possibility, I guess i shoud go for vera after all.

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2014, 03:07:26 PM »
I use a VeraLite controller for which is also a iOS and Android app available or you can use the web UI. The advantage for a Vera is the cost for the controller (VeraLite / 150 EUR or Vera 3 / 230 EUR) and the great VC- plugin  ;)

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2014, 03:09:33 PM »
Is there a reason why the plugin is highly unlikely?

Because:
* Making a plugin like this is a lot of work.
* There is only one of me and my time is limited
* Not enough people desire this plugin to make it worth while
* I don't have the hardware that I would need to create it, and I'm not interested in buying it.

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2014, 03:16:22 PM »
Also, apart from the product being extremely expensive -- 3x the cost of a Vera, it is not even available in Canada as far as I know.

If you know programmer in your own country who can program in C# and has access to a Fibaro, perhaps they will be willing to develop a VC plugin for you.

jamesst

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2014, 03:24:53 PM »
Yes, I figured it would be lot of work, thank you for your explanaton.
The funny thing is that vera lite is not in stock on any european webshop that i googled at the moment.
They don't even  have estimate when it will be on stock.

I' am convinced, will look for vera in the next days.

Thanks

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2014, 03:35:56 PM »
Have you tried http://smarterhome.sk/ ?

They seem to have the VeraLite in stock. I don't know about the other ones.

jamesst

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2014, 03:41:48 PM »
Thanks nime5ter, no haven't looked there.

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 04:02:28 PM by Kalle »

jamesst

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2014, 10:05:33 AM »
Hi again,

It may sound stupid but at the end I have purchased the both controllers. Fibaro is much faster but at the end I find them both a bit disappointing.
Anyway I have been for now using HC2 Api as Nime5ter has kindly posted. I have managed with this great new Regex Tool to isolate the temperatures and other usefull data + devices states. RFxCom part I left with eventghost.
It is working just fine and off course with voxcommando it is a completely different experience ! Only thing I miss is getting HC2 events to Eventghost. From eventgost using webserver is possible to control HC2 trough API.

Any way just wanted to say thanks to Nime5ter for showing me this possibility.

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2014, 10:31:58 AM »
Thanks for posting this update. That's great to hear.

I think it should be possible to control your HC2 directly from VC, without using Eventghost, if you're interested.

The same "scrape" method is used. Based on the documentation I posted above from the Fibaro forum, here is a command for dimming your dimmable lights to a certain level.

[EDIT: I see now that I posted this example above as well, so nevermind. :) Sorry for the confusion]

Code: [Select]
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?>
<!--VoxCommando 2.0.0.6-->
<command id="290" name="Dim {1} to {2} percent" enabled="true" alwaysOn="False" confirm="False" requiredConfidence="0" loop="False" loopDelay="0" loopMax="0" description="{1} is the device ID for your dimmable devices. If you can find out those IDs, you can put them in a payload xml file like the example I have attached.&#xD;&#xA;{2} is the dim level, from 1-100">
  <action>
    <params>
      <param>http://your HC2 ip address/api/callAction?deviceID={1}&amp;name=setValue&amp;arg1={2}</param>
    </params>
    <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
  </action>
  <phrase>Dim</phrase>
  <payloadFromXML phraseOnly="False" use2partPhrase="False" phraseConnector="by" Phrase2wildcard="anyone" optional="False">payloads\fibaro_dimmables.xml</payloadFromXML>
  <phrase>to</phrase>
  <payloadRange>1,100</payloadRange>
  <phrase optional="true">percent</phrase>
</command>

You will need to create your own payload xml file using your actual device IDs and device names of your choice. I have attached an example of what it would look like, but obviously this file won't work for you.

It sounds as though you have already figured out how to get device information from your Fibaro, so hopefully you can do this.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2019, 08:29:59 AM by nime5ter »