Author Topic: Issuing Multiple Commands with One Prefix  (Read 4654 times)

Haddood

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Issuing Multiple Commands with One Prefix
« on: June 02, 2014, 04:04:32 PM »
if you are using an open mic setup, it is logical to start using the prefix mode or VC will go nuts from all the things that it hears. however one draw back is that one will have to say the prefix with every command;

Niles (the prefix I use) what time is it? VC will answer with time
Niles, what is the temperature? VC will answer ...etc.

I believe there is multiple approaches to solve this, however the one I use is; once a command is recognized VC will switch to ON mode using VC.Prefix.End event ... then in the option a time out for being idle is set so VC will go back to standby mode

to set it up modify the options to your taste as in the attached image.

then add the following command:

Code: [Select]
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?>
<!--VoxCommando 1.9.5.4-->
<command id="291" name="Recognition Done" enabled="true" alwaysOn="False" confirm="False" requiredConfidence="0" loop="False" loopDelay="0" loopMax="0" description="">
  <action>
    <cmdType>VC.On</cmdType>
    <params />
    <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
  </action>
  <event>VC.Prefix.End</event>
</command>
« Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 03:34:36 PM by nime5ter »
When Voice command gets tough, use hand gestures

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Re: Issuing Multiple Commands with One Prefix
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2014, 05:08:41 PM »
I'm not sure if you know, that you can in VC set a command to "always ON" like the "listen command" - you can test this by saying your listen command without a prefix. A "always ON" command is showing in the command tree as bold text and you can set this option for each command upper left in the command builder.
In this way you can create a group of commands for which you not want saying a prefix at first (the commands work also with prefix).

I hope it did not confusing you what I say.

***********  get excited and make things  **********

Haddood

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2014, 02:43:04 PM »
I hope it did not confusing you what I say.

not at all ... it is very clear....

I'm not sure if you know, that you can in VC set a command to "always ON" like the "listen command" - you can test this by saying your listen command without a prefix. A "always ON" command is showing in the command tree as bold text and you can set this option for each command upper left in the command builder.
In this way you can create a group of commands for which you not want saying a prefix at first (the commands work also with prefix).

yes I am aware of that option, however I do not see its practical application in open mic setup. if it worked in off mode I would've used it to bring VC in standby mode. but as far as I know it works only in standby.

on the other hand it can be used to achieve the same results of the above but with much more complex group enabling and disabling ... if one had a real butler, one wouldn't say his name with every single demand. unless some period of time has elapsed then one would call the butler name again. and that is my goal; to make dealing with VC more natural.
When Voice command gets tough, use hand gestures

RickyD333

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2015, 03:33:33 PM »
I can't seem to paste this command into my editor... is there a download that might work?

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Getting Started with VoxCommando
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2015, 03:34:53 PM »
Try now.
TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)

RickyD333

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2015, 04:52:15 PM »
That worked. Thanks!   ^-^

SteveB69

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2016, 09:26:01 PM »
Good idea Haddood, thanks.
Chances are I've searched the forum, searched the wiki & scoured You Tube but I'm just to thick to work it out without help!