Author Topic: Rolling shutters 433,92Mhz  (Read 7648 times)

Mirac78

• View Profile
    • M.S.Photography
Rolling shutters 433,92Mhz
« on: June 01, 2014, 04:55:16 PM »
I see here people with lot knowledge and hope that somebody will know the answer.

I have installed rolling shutters and wonder if there is possibility to learn codes from remote or something similar so i can setup some macros.

This is remote I'm using http://www.seav.it/en/transmitters/txs-esa-new , and this is receiver http://www.onlinegaragedoorshop.co.uk/control-panel-roller-shutter-doors-windows-p-184.html

So if somebody have time to check this two items and give me some advice. Maybe arduino or something similar?

TNX in advance
« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 04:53:03 PM by nime5ter »

xtermin8r

• $upporter
  • Crunchie
    • View Profile
Re: Rolling shuters 433,92Mhz
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2014, 03:40:51 AM »
hi Mirac78

I install and repair Electric gates now and then,, so i am familiar with the controllers and remotes. The remotes that are used in the electric gate/Shutter industry are mainly a rolling type code (code is always changing), but the remotes and the controller can be configured to work on static codes also, to answer your question there is no easy way to do it, I have a home automation controller that i designed that "may be" up to the task, but it's not "available" yet and I don't know if it ever will be.
I have already pushed this idea  to my current customer who wants an electric gate fitting. I'll be going today to inspect the work carried out by the gate manufacturer and tomorrow I may install the electrical side of things.

I could keep you posted if you like.

edit: the remote you have for your shutter is not a rolling code remote. I also think your remote can be emulated with my gadget.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 04:41:48 AM by xtermin8r »
Neural Net Based Artificial Intelligence.

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2014, 03:52:36 AM »
@xtermi8r: You've right it is a "rolling" code - I've learnd this code to a controller in my car, but I think this is special hardware.

@Mirac78 - So this project what I descibe will not work with you garage door.

https://code.google.com/p/funkcontrol-over-net/

I've done this project too and it works great and can also contolled by VoxCommando. I use a Arduino Mega+Ethernetshield, because a normal UNO R3 board has not enough space to store the code. The guy which create this project use a UNO R3 with integrated Ethernet but this one is here expensive (70 EUR). The Arduino Mega2560 + Ethernetshield is cheaper - together 25-30 EUR or less.

Mega2560: http://www.ebay.com/sch/sis.html?_nkw=EKitsZone%20MEGA2560%20R3%20ATMEGA2560%20ATMEGA16U2%20Compatible%20Arduino%20MEGE2560%20R3&_itemId=251027542995

Ethernetshield: http://www.ebay.de/sch/i.html?_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1311.R4.TR4.TRC2.A0.H1&_nkw=ethernet+shield+arduino&_sacat=0&_from=R40

I've you have any question, let me know  ;)

Kalle
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 03:58:50 AM by Kalle »
***********  get excited and make things  **********

xtermin8r

• $upporter
  • Crunchie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2014, 03:57:27 AM »
Maybe this project can do this job   ::hmm

https://code.google.com/p/funkcontrol-over-net/

I've done this project too and it works great and can also contolled by VoxCommando. I use a Arduino Mega+Ethernetshield, because a normal UNO R3 board has not enough space to store the code. The guy which create this project use a UNO R3 with integrated Ethernet but this one is here expensive (70 EUR). The Arduino Mega2560 + Ethernetshield is cheaper - together 25-30 EUR or less.

Mega2560: http://www.ebay.com/sch/sis.html?_nkw=EKitsZone%20MEGA2560%20R3%20ATMEGA2560%20ATMEGA16U2%20Compatible%20Arduino%20MEGE2560%20R3&_itemId=251027542995

Ethernetshield: http://www.ebay.de/sch/i.html?_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1311.R4.TR4.TRC2.A0.H1&_nkw=ethernet+shield+arduino&_sacat=0&_from=R40

I've you have any question, let me know  ;)

Kalle

Kalle is right here, you could use the above to accomplish the task, but you will need to have  good electronic/programming skills to interface the above to the RF remote.
Neural Net Based Artificial Intelligence.

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2014, 04:01:15 AM »
The code in the project is ready to use, but I think not for the garage door shutter.
***********  get excited and make things  **********

Mirac78

• View Profile
    • M.S.Photography
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2014, 09:20:35 AM »
hi Mirac78

I could keep you posted if you like.

edit: the remote you have for your shutter is not a rolling code remote. I also think your remote can be emulated with my gadget.

This is a good news, mean on my remote, if you ever plan to release something like this, i will be interested. Remote has a lots of small jumpers inside, but manual was never friendly for me and my english.

TNX Kalle for your time and advices, but my skills are definitely are not on that level  :(..i just made mistake when i bought the motors, reciverers and transmitter. But i never think that i will be able to control everything from outside and didn't think that i will be so much interested to do that. Those days is like obsession :-D

Vangelis

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2014, 12:18:38 PM »
I maybe simplifying things a little but could the OP not have something that just actuated the buttons on the keyfob (or spare)?
You could use an Arduino to control some transistors to simulate the switch presses - you would then just wire into the keyfob and have it located in RF range of the shutters.

Vangelis

Mirac78

• View Profile
    • M.S.Photography
Re: Re: Re: Rolling shuters 433,92Mhz
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2014, 05:38:26 PM »
I maybe simplifying things a little but could the OP not have something that just actuated the buttons on the keyfob (or spare)?
You could use an Arduino to control some transistors to simulate the switch presses - you would then just wire into the keyfob and have it located in RF range of the shutters.

Vangelis

This sound really good, must find somebody who is good with arduino and wiering. Will post if found solution..tnx on tip.

Vangelis

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2014, 03:46:21 AM »
Arduino's are really simple to get running - Most have Analogue and Digital outputs, and you can program them via your PC USB using something called a 'sketch'.

Have a look around as there is loads of info and you can have something up and running in minutes (even for a novice).

The switches on the remote you posted a link to look like 'membrane type' and this will be the hardest part of the project, and you will need to find someone that is good with a soldering iron in order to interface to them :)

Vangelis

Mirac78

• View Profile
    • M.S.Photography
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2014, 10:59:51 AM »
Arduino's are really simple to get running - Most have Analogue and Digital outputs, and you can program them via your PC USB using something called a 'sketch'.

Have a look around as there is loads of info and you can have something up and running in minutes (even for a novice).

The switches on the remote you posted a link to look like 'membrane type' and this will be the hardest part of the project, and you will need to find someone that is good with a soldering iron in order to interface to them :)

Vangelis

TNX Vangelis, i setup my ambilight with the "sketch" metod. Ironing was made by my friend  :)..will try to found some solution for this. Shame is everything works excepr the shutters. But if ever solve this, i need more sensors, rain, wind etc...:).. Where is the end?  :)

Vangelis

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2014, 11:26:42 AM »
Checkout http://www.jonasolson.se/content/arduino_tutorial/ - they've kinda done what you need to do using opto-isolators (to actuate the switches). There's even an example sketch to get you going!

If you already have a computer running VoxCommando, you could ditch the Arduino for an EasyDAQ, and control the buttons via relays - I am sure EventGhost could interface somehow with the DAC...? That way you could have it all under voice control :)

Vangelis
« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 11:30:11 AM by Vangelis »

Mirac78

• View Profile
    • M.S.Photography
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2014, 01:36:09 PM »
We are getting closer and closer  :D

Bookmarked and will see all options.

TNX!