Author Topic: Tasker + VoxCommando=Practical Artificial Intelligence (tutorial)  (Read 15515 times)

rebelmaveric19

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Re: Tasker + VoxCommando=Practical Artificial Intelligence (tutorial)
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2014, 07:20:22 PM »
James that works alot better than only single command sent.
@pointcloud... I am going to make a tutorial later about using some of the capabilities of pstools in VC
« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 08:35:24 PM by nime5ter »

mdsh

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2014, 03:36:58 AM »
 :clap thank you so much for sharing this with us rebelmaveric19 ! It is really impressive and it hurts my brain trying to figure this all out but a really good demo\tutorial non the less. Im sure Ill get there one day.  ;D

Keep up the good work and please do keep us posted with some more awesome vids!

IKROWNI

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2014, 05:34:30 PM »
Got everything up and working great so far except 1 issue I'm running into is that set volume for the pc volume doesn't seem to work. Is anyone else ha ING this issue or is this just a problem on my side?

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Getting Started with VoxCommando
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2014, 05:42:25 PM »
What does "doesn't seem to work" mean.

Can you see whether VC receives the message? (i.e., what do you see in VC's history panel, if anything).
TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)

IKROWNI

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2014, 03:46:48 AM »
well i guess my problem fixed itself. I had to do a restart on my pc and fter doing so i went to check the logs to see what vox was getting for a message when i would send the command. Voila working great now with no issues.Thanks OP for the great tutorial.

rebelmaveric19

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2014, 10:07:20 AM »
I have a Samsung gear live watch now and got commands for voxcommando working through google now. Would y'all like a tutorial on that.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 10:53:58 AM by nime5ter »

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2014, 10:54:51 AM »
If you have the time, sure. We all prefer posts that help us figure out how to do things! ;)
TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)

squatingyeti

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2014, 04:21:53 PM »
Excellent work! I was just busy messing around with tasker, autoremote, autovoice, and yatse on a tablet to get things I wanted done. Then I said, yeti, cause I talk to myself in fake name 3rd person, there's got to be a way to do this all as well as going touchless and not needing my phone at all times. The voice commands brought me by VoxCommando and a quick search for tasker + VoxCommando brought me here. This very topic pushed me to go forward with purchasing. Great job on figuring out tasker integration and I can't say enough to James for VoxCommando.

PS, If anyone questions you about me, only provide blurry photos and wobbly video. Keeps the mystique up.

squatingyeti

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2014, 02:46:19 PM »
Ok, I'm actually not able to get this working correctly. I've triple checked the settings and everything appears correct. When I use autovoice to send my payload to VoxCommando, I can see each time it does that Vox shows: Accepted new client! IP: xxx.xxx.x.x Port: xxxxx However, it never runs the command or even seems to receive the payload. Any ideas? The port is forwarded to the correct computer through my router and I have the TCP server plugin running. Running VoxCommando SP 2.1.0.3. I also noticed that when it says "Accepted new client" the port number is always different and not the designated port. I've tried using the task james posted and only editing my IP for the one listed as well as building the task with just the first command the way rebelmaveric19 did using just the first recognized command, avcomm()

Any help is greatly appreciated.

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2014, 04:19:41 PM »
Have you tested that the VC web server is working for you on its own?

Can you enter the URL for a command in a web browser to trigger a command?

e.g. http://[yourip]:[yourVCwebserverport]/api/VC.TellVox&&Show Help

rebelmaveric19

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2014, 04:23:30 PM »
Tell me how you have your tasker task setup. List out each line in a reply and edit your IP addresses. Also I would use avcomms() because when you speak a phrase in autovoice it may have multiple matches and with android.phrases in VC it will pick the correct one for you.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 04:27:34 PM by nime5ter »

squatingyeti

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2014, 05:08:20 PM »
Have you tested that the VC web server is working for you on its own?

Can you enter the URL for a command in a web browser to trigger a command?

e.g. http://[yourip]:[yourVCwebserverport]/api/VC.TellVox&&Show Help

Yes, if I go to my laptop and run that command everything functions. It even sends the voice response to my phone. Works if I use chrome from my phone as well. Must be something wrong in my Tasker task.

Rebelmaveric19, I'm currently using James' send task he posted earlier, but I've tried using the one you had in the video as well. Here it is:

Send Jarvis
-AutoVoice Recognized Event
Behaviour: true
Command: "jarvis"

Task
Autovoice2VC2

1. Variable Set
    - Name %vcmsg To %avcomms()

2. Variable Search Replace
    - Variable %vcmsg Search ,

3. HTTP Get
    - Server:Port http://myIP:myPort/api/android.phrases&&%vcmsg        (the // were missing before edit, but they were there in the task and I took out the [] to avoid confusion)

EDIT:
Just did some more testing and changed the HTTP Get in the task to http://myIP:myPort/api/VC.TellVox&&Show%20Help
That worked just fine. I have no idea why it's not working the other way with autovoice sending my commands :(
« Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 05:21:47 PM by squatingyeti »

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2014, 06:01:59 PM »
With the caveat that I have no idea what I'm talking about here because I don't use autovoice, in looking at the autovoice2VC2.tsk xml that James posted, I'm seeing one thing in his xml that I don't see in your description above.

His second action (which, possibly, is the Search Replace action?) shows a string of "&&" as the 7th argument. I don't know if that means that a comma is being replaced by &&, or what. Just thought I'd throw it out there. As I say, I have no idea what I'm talking about -- it's just an observation.

From his xml, the second action is:
Code: [Select]
<Action sr="act1" ve="5">
<code>598</code>
<Str sr="arg0" ve="3">%vcmsg</Str>
<Str sr="arg1" ve="3">,</Str>
<Int sr="arg2" val="1"/>
<Int sr="arg3" val="1"/>
<Int sr="arg4" val="0"/>
<Str sr="arg5" ve="3"/>
<Int sr="arg6" val="1"/>
<Str sr="arg7" ve="3">&amp;&amp;</Str>
</Action>

squatingyeti

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2014, 06:19:55 PM »
With the caveat that I have no idea what I'm talking about here because I don't use autovoice, in looking at the autovoice2VC2.tsk xml that James posted, I'm seeing one thing in his xml that I don't see in your description above.

His second action (which, possibly, is the Search Replace action?) shows a string of "&&" as the 7th argument. I don't know if that means that a comma is being replaced by &&, or what. Just thought I'd throw it out there. As I say, I have no idea what I'm talking about -- it's just an observation.

From his xml, the second action is:
Code: [Select]
<Action sr="act1" ve="5">
<code>598</code>
<Str sr="arg0" ve="3">%vcmsg</Str>
<Str sr="arg1" ve="3">,</Str>
<Int sr="arg2" val="1"/>
<Int sr="arg3" val="1"/>
<Int sr="arg4" val="0"/>
<Str sr="arg5" ve="3"/>
<Int sr="arg6" val="1"/>
<Str sr="arg7" ve="3">&amp;&amp;</Str>
</Action>

Yeah, I believe that is where he's replacing commas in the second action of the task.

I tried removing both of the first two steps and changing the third to: http://myIP:myPort/api/VC.TellVox&&%arcomm (%arcomm is the first recognized result from autovoice when you speak) so if I say, jarvis show help, %arcomm would be show help if autovoice recognized that as what I most likely said. Now I know for sure that show help is what %arcomm is because I added some debug testing into my task.

If I change the task to just be http://myIP:my port/api/VC.TellVox&&Show%20help and then play the task without using autovoice, it works just fine. I'm absolutely baffled as to why it's not working when I insert the autovoice parameter %avcomm or when I use James' task. Brain pain lol

rebelmaveric19

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2014, 06:29:33 PM »
Yes you are correct....auto voice uses CSV values and it is replacing them with ampersands. You did check continue task after error under the http get task? You have to have beginner mode turned off to see it. Also you can use autonotification to make VC put custom notifications on your phone also. Helpful if you don't want your phone to talk but notify you instead.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 06:49:33 PM by nime5ter »