Author Topic: Setup Bluetooth Mic  (Read 1367 times)

CarsonY101

• View Profile
Setup Bluetooth Mic
« on: April 18, 2014, 09:54:16 PM »
Like I've stated many times... I'm pretty new to all of this stuff.

I've got a mic setup using VC1 already and would like to be able to use a bluetooth device at the same time if I travel to another room. How is this done? I've seen James do it in a video on youtube and can't seem to figure it out. I've got it paired and the other mic set as the default it just won't seem to hear any command.

Thank you for your time.

pmdaniels73

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Re: Setup Bluetooth Mic
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2014, 09:57:49 PM »
I could be wrong but I think in the video James is using VC2 with the bluetooth mic.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2014, 10:26:22 PM »
Correct me if I'm wrong, but it sounds like you want to be able to use two separate microphones simultaneously.  This is not possible unless you use a third party software such as "virtual audio cable" to mix your inputs.

If you are using version 1 I don't really recommend that you use a bluetooth microphone anyway, as I have said on this forum and in the wiki, many times.

If you want to switch between multiple microphones it is possible but you need to set up an action to do this, telling VC which input you want to use.

Or you can use any number of Androids running VoxWavs, in combination with a single windows microphone.

CarsonY101

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2014, 12:43:00 PM »
I'm trying to use them at separate times but I can't ever seem to get VC1 to recognize any of the commands. Like I've said, kinda new to all of this and the forum so I'm sure it has been stated many times. Sorry about that. I've got two mics currently setup (living room and bedroom) into one input using a a mixing board and don't have any troubles but when I switch to the bluetooth mic (to use on the patio or such) VC1 doesn't seem to hear the device but I'm showing levels coming in.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2014, 02:02:45 PM »
I'm finding it pretty hard to understand exactly what you are saying and/or doing.

What does it mean when you say "when I switch to the bluetooth mic".  What actual steps are you taking to switch to this microphone.

What does it mean when you say "VC1 doesn't seem to hear the device"?  Does it show movement on the volume bar at the bottom of the VC window?  Does ANYTHING appear in the history window?

What does it mean when you say "but I'm showing levels coming in".  Where is this showing?

I will say again that bluetooth microphones are not recommended for use with VoxCommando version 1 anyway so you are probably wasting your (and our) time.

I feel I also need to say again that you need to read the forum rules.  It seems that you either haven't bothered to read them, or do not seem to be understanding them.  Stating that you have a lack of experience is no excuse for a lack of effort on your part to take advantage of the documentation and to do searches of the wiki and forum, or to try to explain yourself as clearly as possible so that we are not frustrated by trying to guess what you are talking about.