Author Topic: Can VC tell if XBMC is playing media?  (Read 5376 times)

ih8gates

• View Profile
Re: Can VC tell if XBMC is playing media?
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2014, 04:48:32 PM »
I have a port conflict with another app that didn't allow me to change its port, so I changed XBMC's. It's an app that I still use, so I can't change back to 9090.

(PS: I'm really sorry I didn't think of that earlier! Sorry about the fire drill.)
« Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 04:54:37 PM by ih8gates »

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2014, 05:17:20 PM »
No problem.  It would be an easy thing to forget, and I'm sure I would have done the same.  I'm just glad that I got lucky and noticed it. It somehow looked funny to me to see 9091!

Anyway, I'll see about making this an option in a future release (soon), but it will be for VC version 2 only.  I'm only doing critical bug fixes on version 1.

In the meantime if you could temporarily revert to 9090 just for the sake of testing that would be appreciated.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 05:23:57 PM by jitterjames »

ih8gates

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2014, 05:46:11 PM »
I tried reverting (closing the conflicting app, updating XBMC's custom config and restarting XBMC), but then I started getting errors when Vox tried to connect to XBMC. There was probably something else grabbing the port.

I'll look into upgrading to 2. Are updates to that code fairly regular as you make changes?

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2014, 06:04:26 PM »
Yes usually.  It depends on what kind of changes I get myself wrapped up in and how hard they are to complete.

You can try this.  Replace your voxcommando\plugins\xjson\xJson.dll
with the attached dll.

This is for VC version 1.  I have hard-wired it to use port 9091, so no one else should use this.

repeat: THIS FILE IS ONLY FOR IH8TGATES (unless you also want to use port 9091 for json notifications)

In version two there will be a setting for the tcp port.

ih8gates

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2014, 09:27:16 PM »
I appreciate this!

At first, I started getting a connect error, then realize that in my testing, I'd changed 127.0.0.1 to the machine's IP. But didn't have the "let remote machines control XBMC" flag set.

Everything's working correctly now with the updated dll.

Thanks!