Author Topic: HDMI Connection / Audio Issue  (Read 4200 times)

pmdaniels73

• $upporter
    • View Profile
HDMI Connection / Audio Issue
« on: April 07, 2014, 03:49:06 AM »
I know most of us have a home theater system with our computer connected to our tv via hdmi. I am having a problem and wanted to see if anyone else is or was having the same problem. I have a laptop with windows 8.1 connected via hdmi to my onkyo receiver then another hdmi cable connects my receiver to my tv. If I am listening to music using media monkey or itunes the audio kicks over to the computer speakers when display on the computer turns off after the time I have set for it to turn off. I can move my mouse or push a button on the keyboard and the computer screen comes back on and the sound goes back to my home theater speakers like it should. I have beat google to death on this issue and can't find a straight answer. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

xtermin8r

• $upporter
  • Crunchie
    • View Profile
Re: HDMI Connection / Audio Issue
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2014, 06:58:57 AM »
hi

Try playing around with the audio endpoint plugin. Get an event to trigger the AudioEndpoint.SetByName command when computer display time has reached critical.

or as a test make sure you can voice control vc, when monitor goes off, tell vc to switch over to hdmi.

Code: [Select]
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?>
<command id="434" name="audio hdmi" enabled="true" alwaysOn="False" confirm="False" requiredConfidence="0" loop="False" loopDelay="0" loopMax="0" description="">
  <action>
    <cmdType>AudioEndpoint.SetByName</cmdType>
    <cmdString>NVIDIA HDMI Out</cmdString>
    <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
  </action>
  <phrase>audio</phrase>
  <phrase> h d m i,TV</phrase>
  <event>audio hdmi</event>
</command>
Neural Net Based Artificial Intelligence.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: HDMI Connection / Audio Issue
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2014, 09:24:47 AM »
Not sure what the question is here.  Do you want to know how to change the power settings so that your TV won't go to sleep?  It is a windows setting.  Just Google it.

Does this have anything to do with VoxCommando?

Sounds like your audio does not work when your TV is off.  I have found it works better for me to send audio to my receiver via optical spdif and the hdmi runs directly to my TV.  This also lets me use the TV for TTS output so it still works even if XBMC is hogging the audio.  It also lets me use the TV with the receiver turned off since my Onkyo is a real energy waster.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 09:32:45 AM by jitterjames »