Author Topic: Mele F10 PRO compatible with VoxCommando?  (Read 14947 times)

WilliamTimmermans

• View Profile
Mele F10 PRO compatible with VoxCommando?
« on: February 27, 2014, 06:22:01 PM »
Hi,

At this moment I'm using the Mele F10 wireless air mouse with my pc (Windows 7 Ultimate and XBMC)

Because someone told me the awesomeness of VoxCommando I installed this as well and everything is working great.
The only problem is finding a good microphone (wireless if possible).

Today I saw the MeLe F10 PRO wireless air mouse (with build in microphone) on the internet.
It is actually the same device as the MeLe F10 but has some more features.

My question is, if VoxCommando will accept the voice command I will send by using the microphone of the MeLe F10 PRO?

link to the product: http://dx.com/p/mele-f10-pro-2-4ghz-wireless-air-mouse-keyboard-remote-control-voice-mic-225844#.Uw-5vdRdUak

If someone knows if this works or not, it would help me a lot.

Thank you in advance.

William

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: Mele F10 PRO compatible with VoxCommando?
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2014, 06:29:24 PM »
It will probably "work" but I don't know if it will "work well".  :biglaugh

Until someone actually tries it, it is hard to know.  I am having trouble finding any specs for the microphone.  If it is bluetooth then it will probably not work well with VC1, but may work OK with VC2.

It says it uses 2.7 GHz so if that applies to the mic as well, and they aren't trying to squeeze the bandwidth down too low on the audio transmission then it could potentially work OK, although given the feature set and the price, I can only assume that the actual microphone pickup is a super cheap one.

WilliamTimmermans

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2014, 09:19:08 AM »
Hi James,

Thank you for the quick reply.

Yes it is not very expensive. When you buy it somewhere in Europe it will cost a lot more but yeah, that's the point of DealExtreme = cheap.
I'm very satisfied of the MeLe F10. But because now I have the VoxCommando setup ready, it would be nice to use this device (Pro version) to send the actual commands.

William

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Getting Started with VoxCommando
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2014, 09:28:50 AM »
I posted a question to all the Amazon customers who previously posted reviews of the Mele F10 Pro.

One has responded to say that he will try testing the Mele's microphone with voice recognition. I don't know how soon that will happen, but if I hear back from him I'll report his response here.

There are also no guarantees he will test it with the Windows speech recognition engine or VC, although I did say that this was what I was interested in.
TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2014, 09:41:00 AM »
If you do decide to try it out we would be very pleased to hear your thoughts on it.

WilliamTimmermans

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2014, 11:45:35 AM »
I posted a question to all the Amazon customers who previously posted reviews of the Mele F10 Pro.

One has responded to say that he will try testing the Mele's microphone with voice recognition. I don't know how soon that will happen, but if I hear back from him I'll report his response here.

There are also no guarantees he will test it with the Windows speech recognition engine or VC, although I did say that this was what I was interested in.

Thank you very much for your help and support.

If you don't receive any news within 2 weeks. i'm going to buy it on DealExtreme and afterwords I will post my findings on this Forum.

ps: I love it that this forum is really alive.

WilliamTimmermans

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2014, 05:55:11 AM »
if I hear back from him I'll report his response here.

Hi Nime5ter,

Do you already have some information?

Thank you in advance.

William

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2014, 08:27:54 AM »
Hello William,

Unfortunately, the reviewer who told me he'd be willing to test the voice recognition has not responded since then.

Someone else asked yesterday whether the microphone works well for Skype. Maybe that will inspire someone to respond to both questions, but I'm not sure if it's worth holding our breaths for that.

Have you tried asking on forums such as the XBMC forum? http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=169117

One fellow mentioned in this linked thread that he intended to try the Mele Pro as mic for voice recognition, but again he didn't report back. I think it would be worth posing your question there.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 08:38:35 AM by nime5ter »
TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2014, 04:00:01 PM »
I just happened upon a user comment about the Q7 air mouse, in response to a post/review about the Mele F10 Pro.

User "Kriss" claims to have had good success using the Q7 with VC: http://www.minimachines.net/actu/la-telecommande-mele-f10-pro-en-video-8909

Apparently this person is referring to this Q7 remote: http://www.geekbuying.com/item/Q7-2-4G-wireless-connection-with-mic-white-312486.html

xtermin8r

• $upporter
  • Crunchie
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2014, 04:09:47 PM »
I just happened upon a user comment about the Q7 air mouse, in response to a post/review about the Mele F10 Pro.

User "Kriss" claims to have had good success using the Q7 with VC: http://www.minimachines.net/actu/la-telecommande-mele-f10-pro-en-video-8909

Apparently this person is referring to this Q7 remote: http://www.geekbuying.com/item/Q7-2-4G-wireless-connection-with-mic-white-312486.html

Nice, want 3.
Neural Net Based Artificial Intelligence.

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2014, 04:24:40 PM »
Well, if you decide to pick one up, I look forward to your review.

~ £30, apparently.

Surprises me that no one has provided feedback yet on any of the supposedly voice-capable air remotes.

mrlarue77

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2014, 05:54:02 PM »
I have this remote, have had it for a while actually, but only recently obtained Voxcommando.

i dont usually do reviews but i will tell you what i know so far and will try out suggestions and answer questions.

first off i am using windows 8 XBMC configuration. I installed no drivers, it worked out of the box.

this is an excellent air mouse/keyboard for any media center, it just also happens to have a built in mic.
there are two buttons on the bottom with phone logos on them that i assumed would start/stop the mic, but it seems to always be on.
the battery life on this thing is unheard of, as i said i have had it for some months, but have only charged it twice.
i really only use it for keyboard windows operations when performing maintenance on windows.

it is obviously not as good as a head set, and i find i have to have the confidence set to 60. It understands me fine, just confidence never shows as over 75 on the screen.
i am looking for a way to incorporate the "ducking" feature that the amulet remote does so i wont have to hold it to my lips.

ill answer your questions if i can.

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2014, 11:09:48 PM »
I have this remote, have had it for a while actually, but only recently obtained Voxcommando.

Thanks for piping up, it's appreciated. A lot of folks here have been curious about using air mics with VC and I've been hoping we'd get some first-hand experiences for a while now.

I guess my first question is: is your device the Mele F10 Pro or the Q7 air mouse that I mentioned later on in this thread?

wrt ducking, if you haven't tried it yet, Eventghost should meet your needs.

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2014, 10:06:59 AM »
... by Eventghost, I was thinking you could use a button on the remote to do the ducking, though obviously it would be better if one could also figure out a way to turn the remote's mic on and off.

So far, this is the major advantage with the Amulet (and VoxWav for Android) over "open air" mic solutions--that the mic is on when tilted up and off when not, along with being able to trigger events in VC to softmute volume.

mrlarue77

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2014, 09:06:45 AM »
Sorry nime5ter for the delay, business travel.

I have the melef10 pro. I agree completely with your statement about the amulet remote being superior, but with the f10 being an excellent air mouse i cant get rid of it for windows purposes, and i dont want ANOTHER remote.