Author Topic: IP2IR Global Cache Ir Commands  (Read 14083 times)

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Getting Started with VoxCommando
Re: IP2IR Global Cache Ir Commands
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2014, 04:46:05 PM »
OK. :)

I can understand why it takes you so long to write in English. I had to go back and correct my German 10 times for that short post!

(Now I will stop hijacking this thread.)
TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)

Hiryu

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2014, 10:53:36 AM »
Was wondering if anyone can help me out here.  I am running Vox Commando SP trial edition 2.0 beta.  Have everything set up.  Got it to be able to send IR commands through a Global Cache iTach through the IR Blaster (port 3) to control my HDMI switcher.  Also built voice commands in the editor and everything works correctly.  So clearly, VC is working as is the iTach. 

However, I am having problems with sending IR commands to my old CRT television (which has an IR remote).  VC learns the button command just fine.  But when I ask it to "test that button", it doesn't do anything.  On the history list, I get  an entry for iTach (it's a calendar-like calendar with the number 9, labeled iTach) and the mouse-over description: "{1}ERR_1:3,008\x0DERR_0:),001\x0D" "Commands triggered:" "learn complete set map".

Would really like to figure this out, maybe it's not possible with this TV?  Any advice or help would be appreciated.  Completely new to itach and vox commando, so really hope someone can help me.  Thanks!

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #32 on: July 18, 2014, 11:27:13 AM »
Hi Hiryu,

Please post the XML for the commands you are using (copy groups and paste them into a #code box in your post, or expor the groups and attach the xml files).

Click "Additional Options" when posting to the forum in order to attach files.

Please also send us your *complete* log as an attachment.  Make sure to issue the commands you are trying to use to learn and test the button so that we can see them in the log.

See: http://voxcommando.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Getting_support for more info.

Note that with the iTach you sometimes need to make some adjustments to the learning and trimming actions depending on your device.  Some devices require the same code to be repeated 2 or 3 times in order for it to work and some don't.  Some devices work immediately without any effort and for others it can be a bit of a "dark art".

Hiryu

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2014, 10:42:16 AM »
Hi jitterjames,

Thanks -- I figured it out.  For some reason, even iLearn from Global Cache wasn't capturing the correct IR codes, even though as I was pressing the buttons on the remote, the program was capturing something.  Your statement about it being a "dark art" keyed me in, and I was comparing what VC was capturing and iLearn, I saw that some commands were truncated or completely different.  I called Global Cache and they were able to send me all the correct sendir codes for my TV, so everything is working great now!  Thanks.

Now I have a different question.  Some actions on my TV require two commands entered in succession.  For example. I have a HDMI switcher attached to a specific output.  I have a command for switching the input source on the TV.  And then a separate command to switch the output on the switcher.  I would like to simplify this by combining the two (the HDMI switcher is attached to one video source only and thus if I tell the HDMI switcher to switch, it should always go to that video source first).  Separately, the commands "Switch to TV" (tv source) and the "Switch to Chromecast" (which is on the HDMI Switcher) works.  However, when I try to combine them, [Action 1] TCPClientWriteLn iTach  {M:gc_TV.Input.TV) followed immediately by [Action 2]TCPClientWriteLn iTach {M:gc_Switcher.3}, it only executes the first action.  Am I missing something here or not understanding the logic of two successive commands? 

Thanks.

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2014, 11:34:01 AM »
Hi Hiryu and welcome to VC forum. Please post the XML for the command or VC log file how James it describes.
I'm not sure it will help you, but you can put a longer delay in your TCP.ClientWriteLn action (default is 10), so you can type at the third place in this action 50 or more.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 11:38:39 AM by Kalle »
***********  get excited and make things  **********

Hiryu

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 20, 2014, 02:10:17 PM »
Ok thanks -- I'll try that first and report back.

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 20, 2014, 02:18:29 PM »
If this will not work, you can also try a VC.Pause action between the TCP.ClientWriteLn actions.
***********  get excited and make things  **********