Author Topic: RFID/NFC Room Detection  (Read 8687 times)

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Getting Started with VoxCommando
Re: RFID/NFC Room Detection
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2014, 08:22:51 AM »
Only thing I am not sure of as I havent installed my vera yet (but I'm sure some of the other clever members can help with) is how you would "disable" that group once you leave the room? Some insight here would be great.

When a motion sensor is tripped, a tripped event occurs. A "secure" event occurs (see attached image) when no longer tripped, which could be used as a trigger to disable the group.
TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2014, 08:25:07 AM »
I have seen some motion sensors for Zwave for about $30 in the US (on sale, not regular price).  This Technique might not work for everyone but for some people it might be good enough.  If you have another device like an alarm system connected to Vera then maybe you can add cheaper PIR sensors too.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 04:05:48 PM by jitterjames »

mdsh

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2014, 07:27:17 AM »
Hi Kalle, yes I agree with the two or more people that can be a problem. I have just set this up in my man cave to test this with lights on when I open the door https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKO6TQP5Kpk so I will play with the enable and disable of commands in VC from this point on seeing as my vera unit has finally been installed. Whole new can of worms and learning to "program" my vera mow. I see many late nights coming my way.

SeanCRS1

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2014, 11:02:50 PM »
just a quick update from the road but tasker has enabled btle support and btle near status detection. i will be testing with that and roximity beacons soon as i get home. you could also test with regular bluetooth dongle from what i can tell.  Still does not solve "room mapping" or triangulation but certainly a step in the right direction. will update this post later in the week.

Sean
“We’re all stories, in the end. Just make it a good one, eh?”
— The Doctor, Season 5, Episode 13