Author Topic: MediaPortal 1.2.1 and Vox, need some more infos  (Read 7159 times)

HansDampf

• View Profile
MediaPortal 1.2.1 and Vox, need some more infos
« on: January 21, 2014, 04:26:59 AM »
Hey, i tested Voxcommando with my current MePo 1.2.1 and so far everything seems fine.
I just need some more infos to adjust the options:

1. i control MePo with android VoxWav, that worked :-) but i dont want to have for every control a message from the tts. if i ask for artist or similar of course. but if i go left, scroll down or switch TV on, i receive for every step a message. where can i disable this message (which i can not understand)

2. right now i dont know how to set up my own controls. where can i find a tutorial?

3. how do i set up the TV channels, so i can switch by command "switch channel to ZDF"?

Thanks for any hint to solve my problems :-)

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Re: MediaPortal 1.2.1 and Vox, need some more infos
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2014, 04:57:47 AM »
Hi HansDampf and welcome to VC-Forum.

1. You can disable the OSD messages in VoxWav "programm settings", but this disable all OSD messages which come from Voxcommando.

2. You will find a tutorial in our Wiki http://voxcommando.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Main_Page
***********  get excited and make things  **********

HansDampf

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2014, 06:10:39 AM »
Thanks for your quick answer.
But i dont mean the OSD. If i click on my harmony LEFT or i speak in my android LEFT MePo switches one step to the left.
Okay. But every step will be commented by a human voice. i dont understand anything. but even if I did understand it I do not need this announcement.

you know what i mean?

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Getting Started with VoxCommando
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2014, 08:03:27 AM »
1. i control MePo with android VoxWav, that worked :-) but i dont want to have for every control a message from the tts. if i ask for artist or similar of course. but if i go left, scroll down or switch TV on, i receive for every step a message. where can i disable this message (which i can not understand)

In VoxWav Pro, there is a toggle button at the top of your screen that says "TTS". If it is on, you can turn it off. But that means you will not get any TTS announcements from VoxWav.

I do not use the MediaPortal configuration so I am not the best person to help you, but I just checked the command presets for that configuration and it is strange that you are getting TTS announcements for all of those minor navigation commands. I see no sign of TTS actions in those particular commands.

Did you install the default MediaPortal configuration that comes with VC?

2. right now i dont know how to set up my own controls. where can i find a tutorial?

As Kalle said above -- see the wiki. There are also links in the wiki to video tutorials, including the introduction to editing commands:

3. how do i set up the TV channels, so i can switch by command "switch channel to ZDF"?

It sounds as though possibly you have not yet scanned your media and generated your XML payloads. I recommend reviewing the installation documentation in the wiki. It is not specific to MediaPortal, but the process is the same.

If you have installed the MP configuration, then you will have two plugins already active in the Plugins menu: MpScan and MpWifi. Take a look at those -- in particular, MpScan. Make sure the MP directories it lists are correct, then have it scan your media.

To see a list of the commands that come preset in your configuration, go to Help > Build Voice Menu. This will open a browser window showing the available commands.

Most of this information is available in the wiki documentation, so if you get stuck start by looking there, then here.

[Edit: see my post below if you have already scanned your media and the TV channels are the only commands not working.]
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 01:53:00 PM by nime5ter »
TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2014, 08:37:16 AM »
Sorry HansDampf, my fault  :bonk  I don't read the words "from the tts", but nime5ter show you the right way  ;)
***********  get excited and make things  **********

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2014, 01:47:37 PM »

See this post: http://voxcommando.com/forum/index.php?topic=719.msg5593#msg5593

Apparently, within MediaPortal, you'll need to export your TV channels for VC to be able to generate the TV channel xml.
TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2014, 09:18:17 AM »
Maybe you have solved your problem, since you have not answered our questions.

However, if the TTS announcements are still a problem for you, the best way to get help is to enable logging in VoxCommando and repeat the problem, then share your log here on the forum (attach it to your post).

http://voxcommando.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Log