Author Topic: Version 2.0  (Read 11634 times)

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Version 2.0
« on: January 18, 2014, 01:23:52 PM »
OK.  It is going to be a while before we actually release Version 2 of VoxCommando.

I will be trying to sort out the licensing so that those of you who have lifetime upgrades, and those of you who wish to purchase an upgrade will be able to start playing with alpha and beta releases as they are ready.

I do not intent to develop version 1 any further except when necessary to address any significant bugs that are discovered.

In the meantime, please join the VoxCommando Google+ community.  It is a great way to receive updates about VC.  I do try to post to the forum and to Tweet about anything important, but the google+ page is very useful (I think) and I will probably use it most for announcements, especially when posting videos.

Here is a link to the community:
https://plus.google.com/communities/114617052029490561887

If you follow the link above you should see a Youtube video where I show off using a test version of VC 2.0 with an inexpensive Bluetooth headset, and a free British TTS voice from Microsoft.

Hellow

• Contributor
    • View Profile
Re: Version 2.0
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2014, 07:33:59 PM »
Where can i find info about the new features in 2.0? I checked the page? The only thing regarding2.0 i could find was the support for more languages (which is awesome btw!).
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 11:20:58 AM by jitterjames »

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2014, 08:20:02 PM »
There is some information on the Purchase page about licenses.

As far as new features go the alternate recognition engine will be the main thing to start with.  I have other things planned but I haven't made any official announcements yet.

One thing I plan to do is rewrite some of the core code to change the way groups and command are internally stored and connected.  For most users this may not make a big difference at first, but I hope to make it much easier to create or update groups "on the fly" without having to reload everything.

Some stuff I'm probably doing right away:
-Moving from .Net 3.5 to .Net 4.0
-Getting rid of XBMC Eden. - moving xbmc osd notifications into the xjson plugin and maybe improving them.
-Moving MediaMonkey into a plugin
-Possibly getting rid of WMC support, or moving it into a plugin.
-Changes to the license and activation system
-Changes to the plugin system.

I'm not working on Version 1 any more so any new stuff I decide to do will only be for version 2.

Sinbe

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2014, 08:33:56 AM »
Do you have knowledge on what languages the new recognition engine will support and can you shed some light on what it will be? Google supports Finnish which would be great, but for now I've been using English as Voxcommando gives much more options than even Google Now + Tasker + Eventghost.

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2014, 08:41:26 AM »
here is the direct link http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh378476%28v=office.14%29.aspx , that will show you which language is support.

And yes, Finnish is available in the engine  ::banana
***********  get excited and make things  **********

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2014, 09:24:36 AM »
It is important to note that the alternate engine which supports more languages, does not support payload dictation. So for example you won't be able to do websearches unless you provide it with a payloadxml etc.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 09:34:23 AM by nime5ter »

Sinbe

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2014, 10:40:53 AM »
It is important to note that the alternate engine which supports more languages, does not support payload dictation. So for example you won't be able to do websearches unless you provide it with a payloadxml etc.

Can you elaborate this? By not supporting "payload dictation" do you mean it requires or does not work with an xml file? For me it's not a problem if it still supports the xml files, that's all I use VC anyway, just making sure it'll work before I give you my money :)

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Getting Started with VoxCommando
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2014, 10:45:32 AM »
payload dictation is payload dictation: http://voxcommando.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Payloads

That is when you want to use free language, rather than a defined set of phrases/values.

payloadxml files will work fine.
TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2014, 10:51:14 AM »
just making sure it'll work before I give you my money :)

It will be possible to evaluate the new version in trial mode before anyone has to give anyone any money  ;)

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2014, 11:00:42 AM »
If you look at the table on this page it will give you a pretty good side by side comparison of the two engine.

Version 1 of VoxCommando uses the SAPI also known when writing the code as System.Speech.

Version 2 of VoxCommando will continue to support this engine, but will also allow you to use "Microsoft Speech Platform" SDK engine (Windows.Speech)

In Version 2 you will be able to choose which engine to use, but you won't be able to use both, unless you run two instances of VoxCommando simultaneously.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj127858.aspx
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 11:22:27 AM by jitterjames »

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2014, 11:22:03 AM »
Comparing the two engines:

Sinbe

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2014, 12:36:54 PM »
Thank you. Bought and waiting for the test version of 2.0 now. :)

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2014, 10:18:20 PM »
I guess I should post a link here: http://voxcommando.com/forum/index.php?topic=1443.0