Author Topic: Kinect 360  (Read 25237 times)

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: Kinect 360
« Reply #30 on: October 09, 2014, 09:31:19 AM »
event beam angle are generated ..... however in their current setup I don't know how to use them, due to the following issues:
  • they trigger regardless if there is a recognized command or not ...
    they trigger after the recognized command ... so it is to late to get info from them ..

I am not sure if it is doable but if they trigger before the command we can set a command that assign the angle to a variable or as you mentioned make the angle accessible via variables to be used with the actions of the recognized command

The beam angle event has no direct relationship with recognised commands.

The beam angle event is triggered when the beam angle change is detected. It is not possible to change when that happens. I am surprised that it does not fire until after you finish giving your voice command, I will have to do some tests myself.

I will also add an action to return the last known beam angle but based on what you describe that value may not be up to date enough.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #31 on: October 09, 2014, 09:39:14 PM »
event beam angle are generated ..... however in their current setup I don't know how to use them, due to the following issues:
  • they trigger regardless if there is a recognized command or not ...
    they trigger after the recognized command ... so it is to late to get info from them ..

I'm not sure how thoroughly you tested this before posting your results, but I tested this again a few times and the beam event always fires before I finish the first word of my voice command.  Certainly long before my commands is recognized.

In any case I've uploaded 2.105 (2.104 had a bug in TTS.SpeakSync) and this version now has a couple of Kinect actions in it including one to get the current beam angle.  This action should work even if you don't enable the beam events in options.

Haddood

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 10, 2014, 04:03:02 AM »
I'm not sure how thoroughly you tested this before posting your results, but I tested this again a few times and the beam event always fires before I finish the first word of my voice command.  Certainly long before my commands is recognized.

I have done more tests. created new copy of VC folder ..emptied the commands except for one ... it turn out you are right, the beam event does fire before the vc.reco. however sometimes it does not fire at all, then fires for whatever noise is around after the command which led me to conclude it is after ... see the attached log. line 620 and 700 (if opened in NotePad++) the commands do not have kinectbeam event before.

after this post I am conducting another test, I will put back my full configuration file again. and see if the same things happens and I will post here..
just for the remote possibility of influence, I am running VC on a MAC mini 2006 core2 T5600 1.83GHz with 2GB ram and an SSD. when my full configuration is loaded VC will take about 100MB of RAM, while in the test setup above (1 command) it is 50MB ...
« Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 04:17:19 AM by Haddood »
When Voice command gets tough, use hand gestures

Haddood

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 10, 2014, 04:20:36 AM »
in this post I am attaching the log of my full configuration ... it is a bit a jungle in there  :-\ :-\
I issued the same command as in the first test (bixi info) ... twice the first time it fired Kinect event before ...the second did not

you can find the entries in line 3899 & 4084

will switch to version 2.105 and more testing tomorrow

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 10, 2014, 05:30:01 AM »
Hi Haddood, I have one question.
Did you tried your test always from the same position?
I noticed that the event is only fired if the beam angle has changed and can confirm James statement that the event is fired before VC recognized the command. So if I speak my command when I sit in the front of the kinect twice, the beam angle event will show in the history window only one times, because both command come from the same angle.
I've tested this in VC 2.104 from a short distance. Now I will do a test with VC 2.105  :)
***********  get excited and make things  **********

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #35 on: October 10, 2014, 09:27:46 AM »
it turn out you are right, the beam event does fire before the vc.reco. however sometimes it does not fire at all, then fires for whatever noise is around after the command which led me to conclude it is after ... see the attached log. line 620 and 700 (if opened in NotePad++) the commands do not have kinectbeam event before.

It looks like it is working exactly as intended and expected.

Haddood

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 16, 2014, 05:04:36 PM »
Hi Haddood, I have one question.
Did you tried your test always from the same position?
I noticed that the event is only fired if the beam angle has changed and can confirm James statement that the event is fired before VC recognized the command. So if I speak my command when I sit in the front of the kinect twice, the beam angle event will show in the history window only one times, because both command come from the same angle.
I've tested this in VC 2.104 from a short distance. Now I will do a test with VC 2.105  :)

I was moving all the time. Maybe that's why when I Issued, is from the same place I thought and every case that event did not trigger every time .. In addition I wasn't aware of James intention of firing the event only when the angle change...

Haddood

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 16, 2014, 05:06:44 PM »
I have been using the kinect feature for a while now ... And it is working really good ... With AEC it is doing great

So far the best results for open mic

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #38 on: October 16, 2014, 08:01:19 PM »
cool, glad to hear it!

bobsj2000

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 24, 2015, 07:11:43 PM »
HI all;

I am new to Voxcommando and I'm really anxious to play with my 360 kinect with it. I have been racking my brain for 4 days trying to make it work. I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction to fix the problem.

I have Voxcommando running on Windows 8.1. I have a AMD 8350 processor with the asus a578-usb mother board.

I've installed the 1.8 sdk and the developer tools 1.8, in my device manager it shows the windows kinect devices with no problems everything installed correctly. Under sound card it shows a usb kinect device but when I goto to sounds under control panel it does not show the kinect microphone installed.

I can bring the camera up under the developer tools but I just cannot make the mic work. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I maybe doing wrong or a piece of software that I need to install to make it work?

Any help much appreciated!

RJ

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #40 on: January 24, 2015, 10:17:14 PM »
Hi RJ,

It sounds like you did everything correctly.  It is really not complicated to set up. i don't even think you need to install the developer toolkit.  Maybe there is something wrong with your Kinect device.

Do you have the correct power adapter to supplement the USB power?  You can't get enough power from a regular USB port alone for the Kinect 360.  That's the only thing I can think of that you might have done wrong.

You could try to uninstall and try again.  Install the sdk before you connect the Kinect to your computer.

Maybe someone else will have some ideas.  Good luck.

Haddood

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 25, 2015, 06:47:53 PM »
right click on the speaker in the tray, choose recording devices... do  you see the Kinect mic there?
if not try right click on the white area and make sure that both show disabled, and hidden are checked ...
still you do not see?

wacind

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 04, 2015, 10:22:16 AM »
Hi Haddood

Just wondering if you were able to test out Kinect versions 1414 and 1473 and if so, did you notice a difference between them.

Thanks

Haddood

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 04, 2015, 07:12:31 PM »
@ wacind, unfortunately not... I completely forgot about that ... all my testing was done 1414

now it will not be that easy as I changed all my setup to work with a mixer and boundary mics

fusion600

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 02, 2015, 10:32:55 AM »
Why did you stop the Kinect?  I am just starting trying to use it.