Author Topic: Android VoxWav  (Read 8405 times)

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Getting Started with VoxCommando
Re: Android VoxWav
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2014, 11:30:24 AM »
Nice! I particularly like the bilingual TTS feedback. :)
TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2014, 11:32:39 AM »
Haha, I'm too and it works perfect with VoxWav  ;D
***********  get excited and make things  **********

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2014, 11:50:34 AM »
Excellent Kalle.  Looks like it really works well.  You should post this to the Omate facebook page for sure!  Thanks for taking the time to make this really nice demo!  :clap ::banana

Oktane83

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2014, 09:02:51 PM »
Hey guys I just had a question regarding voxwav pro. I purchased the other day and there is a widget for phrases. I can't seem to put a shortcut on my android device with that widget.

Would you guys be able to add phrase shortcuts to the widget? For instance if I put the widget on my home screen I could configure the widget to run a specific phrase. Like "what song is this". I press the widget and it sends the "what song is this" command to VC.

If there is any way you guys could implement that, that would be amazing!! Please consider this!

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2014, 10:19:23 AM »
This is indeed a feature request.  What exists now is just a shortcut or entry point, or whatever you call it, that opens VW on the phrases view instead of on the main view.  I was really just experimenting and I did not get very far with it.

I will consider your request for a future release but don't expect to see it appear any time soon.  For one thing I have no idea how to implement widgets in Android, and for another, I'm not currently working on any changes for VoxWav since I am busy with other things, and VW Pro is currently stable and working very well.

I will definitely keep it in mind for a rainy day though.   :D  Thanks for the suggestion.

xtermin8r

• $upporter
  • Crunchie
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2014, 12:13:52 PM »
Hey guys I just had a question regarding voxwav pro. I purchased the other day and there is a widget for phrases. I can't seem to put a shortcut on my android device with that widget.

Would you guys be able to add phrase shortcuts to the widget? For instance if I put the widget on my home screen I could configure the widget to run a specific phrase. Like "what song is this". I press the widget and it sends the "what song is this" command to VC.

If there is any way you guys could implement that, that would be amazing!! Please consider this!

I think it's possible to create a Android home screen widget, that can send home automation and vc commands such as "what song is this", using software from:
http://www.xwidget.com

and using Javascript code such as:
function button8OnClick(Sender)
{
  DownloadString("http://192.168.1.123:8081/api/vc.tellvox&&what song is this,"downtxt",false);
}

tried and tested on windows 7. I'm sure, it will work also on android devices.
Neural Net Based Artificial Intelligence.

Oktane83

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2014, 01:20:36 PM »
I actually got it working with tasker, so this is amazing. Thanks for the reply tho!

Cheers.

Bleazle

• $upporter
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2014, 06:23:52 PM »
I wasn't too sure where to post this, hopefully this thread is OK...

Not sure if you already know this but due to the "menu" list having been moved to the top right on the Samsung S5 now there is no room for any connection information after the Aerial icon in portrait view. Also I would love it if there were options in the setup menu to set the position of the Hold/Speak button (or select from say 3 preset options) - personally around the middle of the screen would work better for me - my thumb doesn't sit at the bottom of the screen when I hold the phone... it's the little things  ;D ;D

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2014, 07:02:25 PM »
Not sure if you already know this but due to the "menu" list having been moved to the top right on the Samsung S5 now there is no room for any connection information after the Aerial icon in portrait view.
I'm not sure what you mean by this, but a picture is worth a thousand words so maybe you could post  a screenshot and explain again.  I use VoxWav Pro on my watch which has a screen resolution of only 250x250 and it works perfectly.  I have access to all menus.

Putting the talk button in the middle would make no sense because that is where information about what was recognized is shown, as well as popup windows for alternates, confirmation requests, and OSD messages.  How could your thumb not be at the bottom?  MADNESS!

Bleazle

• $upporter
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2014, 06:21:23 PM »
I have access to all menus too, my point is that the menu "button" is no longer a hard coded button beside the "Home" button on the S5 so in the case of VW it has been moved to the top right of the screen. As a result there is no way of seeing if VoxWav is connected to VC in portrait view. I can't think of any other way to say that so hopefully the screenshots explain what I mean.

Re: Thumb thing - I hear what you're saying about not being able to move the button, but "MADNESS"? - I'm guessing my hands have had a harder life than yours; too many broken bones and dislocations as a result of crashes from dirt bikes, kite boarding accidents, Karate injuries, more motorbike crashes, etc etc - put it this way when I went through L.A. airport last year and a Customs officer told me to scan my finger prints I showed him my hand and he said "OK, just try"  ::) Ironically I was on the way to Romania to compete in the Red Bull Romaniacs, but that's another story ;D ...  I used to use "tilt" function and it worked well but in the Alpha releases it seems as though "tilt' is still active even when VW isn't in focus (maybe it is something to do with the S5?). I use MediaMonkey Remote as well as VC and I was having problems with the audio being muted (due to the ducking script in VC) when I changed the volume using MMR. I would move the volume slider on MMR but the volume would revert back to what it was set to before I changed it so I assume the SoftUnmute of the ducking script was coming into play there. NOTE: I don't have VW set to "keep alive".  I haven't tested this in the latest version of VC and can't do this at the moment but let me know if there's anything you want me to try... Just thinking, I'll test this on my S2 (VWPro with VC Alpha) when I get a chance and let you know the results.

Cheers.