Author Topic: plex integration  (Read 31370 times)

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Getting Started with VoxCommando
Re: plex integration
« Reply #60 on: March 19, 2015, 06:39:03 PM »
yea i use autovoice as well. I enjoy being able to say multiple commands all at once and multiple commands fire from the phrase. (Not sure if Vox can already do this or not.)

If you mean you're not sure whether VoxWav can do this, yes it can. And much more.
TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)

batfasturd

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 19, 2015, 07:11:29 PM »
You can combine two or more phrases together? Like separate commands in random order?

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Getting Started with VoxCommando
« Reply #62 on: March 19, 2015, 10:41:09 PM »
You can issue more than one command at a time, yes.

e.g., if you're using the "hold/speak" button, hold the button down then: say a command, pause for a second, say another command, pause for a second, etc. When you're done, release the button.

Or with the tilt: tilt up, say all your commands, then untilt.

I don't think I could say more than 2 commands in a row correctly, though.

If you pause too long, it probably won't work because VW is set to automatically detect a long silence (2 seconds) and will send the command when that is detected.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 10:55:25 PM by nime5ter »
TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)

batfasturd

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 20, 2015, 02:35:53 PM »
Sweet Thank you, that did work but it's a little touchy, I wish you could specify a bridge command like and or something to string multiples together. But for now it works just fine. I may eventually switch to tasker instead of voxwav but that is for another day.

On a side note you know you need more caffeine when you troubleshoot your play command for an hour only to realize you had a ? where you needed a &... Making good progress on the scripts for Plex and should need some testers next week sometime.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #64 on: March 20, 2015, 03:25:38 PM »
You can use "and" as a prefix if that helps, but I wouldn't recommend doing that if you are actually using prefix mode with an open mic as well.

Depending on the commands you may only need to pause for about of a quarter of a second between them.  I doubt you would ever need to pause for more than a half a second.  I have always found that it works perfectly, I can give 5 commands in a row with just a brief pause between them, but I can't usually think that fast so I just issue one or two commands at a time.  With VoxWav there is virtually no delay while you wait for it to start listening like you have with Google Now so to be honest, I don't really see what the issue is with giving commands one at a time.

I also find the accuracy with Autovoice/Tasker to be significantly lower than with VoxWav.

IKROWNI

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 15, 2015, 12:26:41 PM »
Sweet Thank you, that did work but it's a little touchy, I wish you could specify a bridge command like and or something to string multiples together. But for now it works just fine. I may eventually switch to tasker instead of voxwav but that is for another day.

On a side note you know you need more caffeine when you troubleshoot your play command for an hour only to realize you had a ? where you needed a &... Making good progress on the scripts for Plex and should need some testers next week sometime.

Ever make any further progress with plex integration? I hate using xbmc anymore seems so outdated compared to plex now. I started with xbmc on the original Xbox and have grown up with it. But man is it ever lacking in some really nice features that plex has.

To work around the lack of plex voice control I just use "voice for plex"  Android app to cast media to my theater pc through my phone.

batfasturd

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 15, 2015, 12:33:13 PM »
Yeah I made more progress but then got distracted with life as usual. Give me a few days of tinkering to clean it up and I can release what I have so far which is at least functional.

batfasturd

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 23, 2015, 05:20:10 PM »
Ok so I think I have it cleaned up enough for someone to test if they want.

First I have installed VoxCommando in the c:\voxcommando folder, you will need to create 2 new folders inside that directory called PY and PlexPayloads. Copy plexAuth.py and getMovieOffset.py into the PY folder and modify using your plex.tv username and password so you can generate an auth token needed to access your server.

Import the VC XML I have attached and you will just need to change the "Generate PLEX map" script inside "PLEX admin 2.0.0" to include your server IP and port.

Once that is done you can run the Generate Auth token script, then "Generate PLEX map", and the "Generate plex xml vc2.0.0" script. By default the script will choose the first client on your network as the default client so you can say "Play movie spaceballs" and it will select the first client. You can also specify client names "Play movie spaceballs on bedroom roku" Or you can run the default client script and you can select a different default client. I haven't used it in a while and I think that resuming was working as well by saying "Resume, film or movie, then the movie title"

It should find your movie libraries and tv libraries automatically and if you have multiples of each like I do it will combine all movies and all tv shows. It will do the same for clients in your house which need to be running when you generate plex map and generate client payloads. once the payloads are saved and as long as the client is accessible you should not have to run generate client payload unless your client names change.

Music payloads are not working as I don't use plex for music at all so I apologize for that, it should be simple using my code as a base for adding that feature.

Many thanks to vulcanjedi and nime5ter for base code snippets and ideas as well as other people in the forums. Let me know if you have questions, comments, or feedback and I would be happy to help modify for fix issues or explain any methods to my madness.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2015, 05:26:37 PM by batfasturd »

Dominique

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 17, 2015, 11:05:38 AM »

First I have installed VoxCommando in the c:\voxcommando folder, you will need to create 2 new folders inside that directory called PY and PlexPayloads. Copy plexAuth.py and getMovieOffset.py into the PY folder and modify using your plex.tv username and password so you can generate an auth token needed to access your server.

Import the VC XML I have attached and you will just need to change the "Generate PLEX map" script inside "PLEX admin 2.0.0" to include your server IP and port.

Once that is done you can run the Generate Auth token script, then "Generate PLEX map", and the "Generate plex xml vc2.0.0" script. By default the script will choose the first client on your network as the default client so you can say "Play movie spaceballs" and it will select the first client. You can also specify client names "Play movie spaceballs on bedroom roku" Or you can run the default client script and you can select a different default client. I haven't used it in a while and I think that resuming was working as well by saying "Resume, film or movie, then the movie title"

It should find your movie libraries and tv libraries automatically and if you have multiples of each like I do it will combine all movies and all tv shows. It will do the same for clients in your house which need to be running when you generate plex map and generate client payloads. once the payloads are saved and as long as the client is accessible you should not have to run generate client payload unless your client names change.

Music payloads are not working as I don't use plex for music at all so I apologize for that, it should be simple using my code as a base for adding that feature.

Many thanks to vulcanjedi and nime5ter for base code snippets and ideas as well as other people in the forums. Let me know if you have questions, comments, or feedback and I would be happy to help modify for fix issues or explain any methods to my madness.

Awesome, I am going to try this.  Is there any way we can get VC to send the movie to Chromecast?

vulcanjedi

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 17, 2015, 11:20:45 AM »
Awesome, I am going to try this.  Is there any way we can get VC to send the movie to Chromecast?

Chromecast doesn't really have a plex client per se, but it does show up as a castable device so perhaps. Would think it would have to be listed in the plex device list.
A round about way which would be more successful is to have a different plex client ie: plex home theatre running somewhere that had the cast set to chromecast and setting VC to use that PHT instance as a proxy to chromecast. Unelegant but effective Id think.

Dominique

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 17, 2015, 12:28:59 PM »
I just tried this.  Granted I have not used VC in a very long time.  So I am somewhat rusty in getting things done/connected.

I followed the instructions and it did not work.  I created the 2 folders in the VC folder.  I added the XML to create the Plex voice commands and it still did not work. 

Any suggestions?

batfasturd

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 17, 2015, 12:35:42 PM »
Which part is not working, did you run the main scripts to get a key and get clients and such? Any errors in VC would help as well.

Dominique

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 17, 2015, 02:21:15 PM »
Which part is not working, did you run the main scripts to get a key and get clients and such? Any errors in VC would help as well.

Hmmm, I don't seem to know what you are talking about.  I just reinstalled VC after almost a year away so I do not remember much.  I am currently trying to re-familiarize myself with it.  Could you explain a little?  Thanks and sorry.

IKROWNI

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 25, 2015, 10:39:30 PM »

Hey whats up man great to see this is still being worked on. i hate XBMC and cant wait to use this with my plex library. Im having some issues getting this running though. It seems like everything is firing properly but its just not starting the shows on my devices.

My client list is being populated and ive chosen different players from PHT to roku to chromecast but none seem to work. Cant wait to hear a reply back on this. This will give me reason to start using voxcommando again for playing my media, i had to resort to voice control for plex for sooo long now and it totally sucks having to use a seperate device to control plex. Again i surely appreciate the hard work put into the project.

batfasturd

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 17, 2015, 02:50:54 AM »
Hey whats up man great to see this is still being worked on. i hate XBMC and cant wait to use this with my plex library. Im having some issues getting this running though. It seems like everything is firing properly but its just not starting the shows on my devices.

My client list is being populated and ive chosen different players from PHT to roku to chromecast but none seem to work. Cant wait to hear a reply back on this. This will give me reason to start using voxcommando again for playing my media, i had to resort to voice control for plex for sooo long now and it totally sucks having to use a seperate device to control plex. Again i surely appreciate the hard work put into the project.

Do you have any output in our logs as to why it's not working? What commands are you trying to say?