Author Topic: Coming Home - computer offers music, then offers movies (XBMC)  (Read 15010 times)

outlaw

• View Profile
Re: Coming Home - computer offers music, then offers movies (XBMC)
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2014, 01:20:49 PM »
MR.JITTER!!!.......I UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU ARE SAYING,AND ILL READ AND WATCH MORE VIDEOS,
HOWEVER, I AM NOT HAPPY WITH A FEW LINES IN YOU RESPONSE TO ME......LIKE YOU CANT WATCH THE VIDEOS FOR ME,
THAT WAS UNCALLED FOR! JUST CAUSE YOUR THE BUILDER OF VC DOESNT GIVE YOU THAT RIGHT TO TALK TO PEOPLE LIKE THAT!!!!

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2014, 02:10:00 PM »
I can't read "bad words" in the post from James only important hints - but you must understand that the programm is very flexible and it is easy to make a mistake in the configuration.

When you ask VC to play music from XBMC you will see in the VC history window the executed action events and if there is any action "orange" it show up an error. You can move your mouse over the event and then it will show up a info text what is happen with this action.
Did you change anything in the command groups?
If VC doesn't browse or play music it will find no item for the music - you can take a look in the VC main folder in XBMCpayloads folder if the music.xml has more than 0 KB, otherwise you must generate it first.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 02:19:19 PM by Kalle »
***********  get excited and make things  **********

outlaw

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2014, 08:22:19 PM »
thanks ..... I did do what jitter asked and that was read lots and watch more vids....I got it to work on my man room htpc but the main home  computer isn't still, but ill get it :)
and thanks for replying back....I do have one ?  can your media (songs) be in a folder on the desktop or do they have to be in the music folder to work?
I have my man room pc music on a ex drive and it works fine but the main pc done the same way doesnt

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2014, 08:42:35 PM »
I have no idea whether you are talking about XBMC, MediaMonkey, iTunes, Windows Media Centre, JRiver Media Centre, or Mediaportal or some other program but no, in most cases it does not matter where your music is located.  The way that VoxCommando talks to each of these program is different, but in most cases VC is only requesting the music by an ID or by specifying the name of the song, artist, album etc. and VC does not care where the music is located.  Of course your media program needs to know where the music is located.

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2014, 09:00:08 PM »
It doesn't matter where your media is stored so long you has access on it with xbmc.
It is not really clear for me on which pc you have installed VC and on which XBMC or maybe both on each pc.
My native language is not english and it is possible that I understand something wrong.
Normaly you have one place where the media stuff is stored in a network, in this way any machine has access to the media data in the network.
***********  get excited and make things  **********

lja

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2014, 07:25:13 PM »
I would like to add code to the XML code in the first post as follows:

Should I choose movie and then decide "No Thanks", I would like the computer to respond "OK. Goodbye. See you later"

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Getting Started with VoxCommando
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2014, 08:49:42 PM »
You can create a new command, triggered by a Confirm.Cancel event, much in the same way as the ++Welcome Home 2 Offer Movie command that already exists in that command group.

That is: If you start this scene and choose not to listen to music or watch a movie, you should then see an event appear in your history window:

Code: [Select]
Confirm.Cancel.confirm watch movie
"confirm watch movie" is the name of the command that you've just cancelled.

"Confirm.Cancel.[command name]" is a standard event that is generated in VC whenever a command that requires confirmation receives the order not to execute.

Code: [Select]
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?>
<!--VoxCommando 2.0.0.0-->
<command id="746" name="Bye for now" enabled="true" alwaysOn="False" confirm="False" requiredConfidence="0" loop="False" loopDelay="0" loopMax="0" description="">
  <action>
    <cmdType>TTS.Speak</cmdType>
    <params>
      <param>OK. Goodbye. See you later.|No problem. Bye for now.|OK. I'll talk to you later.</param>
    </params>
    <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
  </action>
  <event>Confirm.Cancel.confirm watch movie</event>
</command>
« Last Edit: September 12, 2015, 06:20:39 PM by nime5ter »
TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)

lja

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2014, 10:05:26 PM »
@nime5ter

Thanks. Works nicely.