Author Topic: Microphone Comparison Matrix  (Read 6857 times)

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Microphone Comparison Matrix
« on: February 21, 2013, 10:24:22 AM »
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 10:31:27 AM by jitterjames »

Hiryu

• Contributor
    • View Profile
Re: Microphone Comparison Matrix
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2014, 07:57:52 PM »
Had a question -- I have a weird setup where I have two bluetooth headsets (one is more of a standing speaker with a microphone, the other is Sony bluetooth in-ear headset)

I used voxcommando and event ghost together to cobble a way of issuing a voice command to disconnect one and to connect the other, and also vice versa -- so that I can freely switch between the two as I wish.  (I do this because I don't want to always use the Sony headset, but it does have better accuracy).  However, it seems that Vox Commando can no longer receive headset input once I make the switch unless I close out of VC and restart it again.  Is there an easier way to refresh VC without having to completely close and re-start, for the purposes of this? 

Thanks -- really enjoying VC!  Great program and thanks for all the help.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2014, 08:22:38 PM »
If the default microphone has changed, then it should be enough to switch to VC.Off and then back to VC.On (you don't need to restart), however you may want to check out the action VC.SetSpeechInput instead.

http://voxcommando.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Actions#SetSpeechInput

Hiryu

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2014, 11:47:45 AM »
Thanks jitterjames -- I'll try that.  Still getting my head around integrating everything, I am sure there are much more elegant solutions than what I'm jerry-rigging together. 

Right now, it goes through the whole song and dance of opening the bluetooth devices dialog, disconnecting one speaker, then opening the other bluetooth device dialog and connecting.  That takes a while, so any way to delay either VC.off and then VC.on (or alternatively the VC.SetSpeechinput) actions until say 5-10 seconds later? 

Thanks.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2014, 12:43:51 PM »
If you use VC.SetSpeechInput then you don't need anything else and you don't need a delay.

If you want to know if/how you can delay in VoxCommando, please considering doing a search.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 12:47:44 PM by jitterjames »

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Getting Started with VoxCommando
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2014, 01:35:57 PM »
On the wiki, there is a custom Google search feature that makes it pretty easy to look for answers on the forum and the wiki documentation in one go.

I would actually encourage *all users* to take advantage of this tool more. It should save everyone a lot of time and effort.

The search bar can be accessed here: http://voxcommando.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Getting_support

And also on the wiki home page here: http://voxcommando.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Main_Page
TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)

Hiryu

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2014, 06:41:28 PM »
thanks both -- as a new person to VC, I sometimes don't even know what to search for.  But I will be more diligent about searching, especially with the links you provided.  there's just so much info out there on this awesome program.  :D

SteveB69

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2016, 08:52:09 PM »
Wasn't sure what / how to add anything on the VoxCommando Microphone Matrix so have posted here.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Blue-Microphones-Snowball-iCE-Microphone/dp/B006DIA77E/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1452299245&sr=8-1&keywords=blue+snowball
Blue Snowball USB Mic £34.99 on Amazon UK

I bought this mic around a year back, don't usually listen to myself on it. When I did record myself the sound quality was deep & hiss free. Sounded good to me.

This mic is on a 5 meter usb extension & generally sits around 2 to 3 feet away.
I find recognition to be fantastic.

Looking at the front of the mic I presume it is directional, (I know nothing re mics). I have it on my side table putting across my room, approx 6 meters.

The mic picks up when I enter the room which is approx 12 meters away.

Recognition wise the mic (& Vox  ;D) pick up on mumbles ie, page down & more pronounced speech ie PAGE DOWN.

Of course as the mic picks up so well it does also pick up a lot of mucis & video speech & VC does stuff!
Of course this is down to me building commands to stop this.

My two penneth worth  8)
Chances are I've searched the forum, searched the wiki & scoured You Tube but I'm just to thick to work it out without help!