Author Topic: windows 10 creators update  (Read 1534 times)

bergasha

• View Profile
windows 10 creators update
« on: July 23, 2017, 07:40:38 PM »
Hi there,
Now I cant be sure if this is an issue with my audio drivers or not but I thought I would put it here so you can look into it if need be.

I recently installed the new windows 10 creators update and all was well Vox working as it should ect, I rebooted the PC and noticed Vox could not use my mic but every other program could, Re-Installed Audio drivers fixes the issue until the next reboot.

In vox if I go to Options,Windows settings,Speech Recognition I get an error stating "windows 10 speech recognition could not initialise volume meter' The window then freezes and I get a "windows shell common dll has stopped working". I don't have any logs as I rolled back and all is working again but I just thought I would put it here to give you a heads up if Microsoft have broken something.

Cheers

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: windows 10 creators update
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2017, 08:21:49 PM »
Sounds like an issue with your audio hardware / drivers / Windows speech recognition.

Possibly some other software is interfering with your audio but this is not a problem with VoxCommando.

The menu you describe is simply opening a Windows system menu and that is where you are seeing an error. Of course VoxCommando relies upon the Windows speech engine so if that is not working correctly then VoxCommando won't work either.

Maybe another program steals the audio. Or even something like Cortana. You could try to disable it. I'm not sure.

bergasha

• View Profile
Re: windows 10 creators update
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2017, 09:22:56 PM »
I thought as much, Just wanted to put it here if other people have the same issue when they upgrade, Hopefully they will see this and know Microsoft are the issue :)

Cheers