Author Topic: Anyone using Android phone to control pc music?  (Read 1184 times)

mikehende

• Contributor
    • View Profile
Anyone using Android phone to control pc music?
« on: January 03, 2017, 07:46:17 AM »
Hey guys, just looking into this as a possible option. On my pc which is connected to my stereo system, I use a DJ/Radio automated software which plays back my mp3's from a playlist. When hanging out with my buds I wish to be able to give a speech command whenever I wish to hear a specific tune.

I am currently looking into using a lapel mic attached to a receiver on a belt clip so when moving around I can give the speech command from anywhere of course range and surrounding crowd noises will be issues I will need to deal with. I am wondering instead of having to deal with mic issues if simply using my android phone to call up a tune will be a better option, can I use VoxCommando to make this happen please?

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: Anyone using Android phone to control pc music?
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2017, 10:24:29 AM »
Do you mean without using voice commands?

What "DJ/Radio automated software " are you using? Do you have reason to believe VoxCommando can control it to begin with?

mikehende

• Contributor
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone using Android phone to control pc music?
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2017, 10:39:07 AM »
No with voice command. I use this DJ/Radio automated music software:
http://www.otsav.com/

Since I am seeing people using speech for Media Monkey, Windows Media Player e.t.c, I am seeking to control this music software in the same way by calling up specific tunes from it's library. I was directed to this site by a programmer on a coding forum.