Author Topic: Version 0.972  (Read 3911 times)

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Version 0.972
« on: December 30, 2012, 05:07:56 PM »
Happy Holidays and Happy New Year.  :xmasgrin

Best Wishes to all in 2013!  Thanks to all of you on the forum for making this another great year for VoxCommando.

I had intended to release this version for Christmas but winter has hit us pretty hard here in Morin-Heights and I just haven't had that much time between the 4 days without electricity, the 3 feet of snow that needed to be cleared, and the time spent with family and friends over the holidays.

I have been working on a new editor.  The basic functionality is more or less the same as before but there are some major improvements and in fact I have rewritten much of the code in the tree editor itself.  There should be no major changes for now in the LCB (where you edit an actual command and its actions).

The obvious difference is that there is no more "Command Bin".  When you open the editor you will only see the main tree.  However we are now using an MDI (multiple document interface) window in which you can open multiple trees.  You can edit commands or test commands in any of the open documents.

Drag and drop has been completely rewritten.  You can now drag and drop and copy and paste much more easily.  Ctrl-Click and drag a group, command, or command element to copy it.  You can also drag from the tree into a text editor, or directly into a forum post that you are composing.  You can then drag (or copy and paste) code from the forum into your tree.

When I get a chance I will make a video showing these new features and how to use them.

When testing the new editor, please consider it as a beta, or even an alpha version.  It is possible that your custom trees could be damaged so please make a FULL backup of your folder just to be safe!  So many areas of code have been almost completely rewritten, and I have not had time to test everything, so expect that a bug or two will still be in there!  :biglaugh

On to another topic... XBMC and Frodo / JSON API.  I recently did some tests on the new plugins with Frodo RC2 and it is starting to look more promising.  I am hoping to make some final adjustments to the xJson plugin and post some new groups to replace most of our standard functionality for XBMC when using Frodo.  My goal is to release something comprehensive by the end of January, but I plan to release some tests to play with sooner than that if possible.

Stay tuned in 2013 for more updates, and again, warm wishes to all the members of the VC community.  It is the wonderful user-base that makes the forum such a great place to hang out and your encouragement and generousity is always appreciated and keeps us motivated to keep improving VoxCommando.  There is still so much more than we can do given the time and the motivation to keep improving.  Thanks to all for the inspiration!  ::xmasbounce
« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 09:54:34 AM by jitterjames »

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: Version 0.972
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2012, 06:27:24 PM »
Here's a quick (and not very good) video that will give you an idea of the new features in the editor:

claymic

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2012, 09:39:44 AM »
Very thanks for all your work on this James, i saw the video and i will test this soon.
Great job, realy.
Happy new year for you and your family.
Clayton

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2012, 10:48:33 AM »
GREAT JOB JAMES!!!

:hugs ::bow

I wish all members a

Happy New Year

Kalle
***********  get excited and make things  **********

Wanilton

• $upporter
    • View Profile
    • XBMC Brazil Forum
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2012, 02:07:02 PM »
Oh yes, thanks James, Kalle and others friends, I hope have more time for voxcommando in 2013...

Happy new year, I will try new version ASAP.

www.xbmcbrasil.net
XBMC  Brazilian Community Forum - Admin
Windows 8.1 - XBMC Gotham Custom Plus - Aeon MQ 5
My Room Entertaiment´s
About me

Siutsch

• $upporter
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2013, 09:33:09 AM »
Happy new year for all members here!

Great news.

Siutsch.

xtermin8r

• $upporter
  • Crunchie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2013, 12:28:13 PM »
To all

Happy New Year.

Live Long and Prosper.
Neural Net Based Artificial Intelligence.

painy

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2013, 03:17:28 PM »
Sweet!

Thanks james :)