Author Topic: Not sure if widget or figment of Paul's imagination  (Read 8786 times)

PegLegTV

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Re: Not sure if widget or figment of Paul's imagination
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2015, 04:13:36 PM »
The file vox_remote.html is the first attachment on the first post. It's easy to overlook it because of the screenshot attachments.
   :bonk :bonk my bad, I see it now (I need an emoji for "Foot in Mouth" LOL)

I'll start a new post with what I have found so far with the TCP Server and Tasker comunication so others may use it

Haddood

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2015, 06:03:01 PM »
that is more than triple awesome ... I wanted to try this for ages .... but it is a while I have so little time :(

this bring three ideas
1. I will add to gems a thread called gems of the gems ... as in the french saying "crème de la crème" and this will be number 1
2. maybe a board like xml exchange, but will be html exchange so we can exchange or develop together an interface, standards ... etc.
3. originally my idea was to implement a command that scans the command tree and generate the web pages automatically ... this combined with CSS can create awesome interfaces on the fly. the bases for this already exist ... the routine inside VC that generate the help html ... if that html, have tags, and associated CSS it can be access through TCP webserver easily ...

VC community rocks :)
« Last Edit: August 22, 2015, 06:08:04 PM by Haddood »
When Voice command gets tough, use hand gestures

marcusvdt

• Researching
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2015, 06:40:40 PM »
that is more than triple awesome ... I wanted to try this for ages .... but it is a while I have so little time :(

this bring three ideas
1. I will add to gems a thread called gems of the gems ... as in the french saying "crème de la crème" and this will be number 1
2. maybe a board like xml exchange, but will be html exchange so we can exchange or develop together an interface, standards ... etc.
3. originally my idea was to implement a command that scans the command tree and generate the web pages automatically ... this combined with CSS can create awesome interfaces on the fly. the bases for this already exist ... the routine inside VC that generate the help html ... if that html, have tags, and associated CSS it can be access through TCP webserver easily ...

VC community rocks :)
Yeah  ::wiggle! I've talked with James about my interest to do this some weeks ago. The payloads could be loaded in drop down boxes in the web pages. And for optimal user experience, we should be able to:
1. tag what groups we want to add to the html page. We probably don't need all the groups exported to the html page.
2. Create navigation menus on the html page so the commands are put together with some logic in mind. For example, all commands for the living room should be automatically place in a living room menu (sub page).
3. We should be able to choose what or how many payloads would actually be put in the proposed drop down. Commands that deal with huge number of payloads should be excluded to keep the web page easy to load. In fact I think we could maybe tag many individual commands to be excluded from the html page.

This is in my pending list together with many other things. My plan is to use autoit script and/or python to accomplish that. The tags as I mentioned above could be, for example, some specific strings that we can place in the name of groups and commands.
Let me know who are interested in this and maybe we can work together and make this happen sooner.

Thanks!

Haddood

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2015, 04:15:56 AM »
I find the command and group Description is perfect for placing such tags for the moment... and if it works well... maybe then james can introduce a special field for that in the command and in the group ... shouldn't be hard for him :)

as for organizing it, I think the collections can be main menu .... and each group is a page ... would be a nice start :)
When Voice command gets tough, use hand gestures

zen_SuR

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2017, 07:35:10 PM »
did anything ever come out of this? this would be really cool.

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Getting Started with VoxCommando
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2017, 01:26:43 PM »
Hi zen_Sur,

This thread jumps around a lot.

If you're wondering about an Android widget (which was how this thread started), VoxWav Pro now comes with 2 very handy widget options as of release 2.8.1.

see:
http://voxcommando.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=VoxWav_Comparison_of_Pro_versus_Free

and:

« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 02:19:58 PM by nime5ter »
TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)

zen_SuR

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2017, 02:49:56 PM »
I use these Widgets of VoxWav very much! they are awesome.

but i should have been more specific:

I was asking about the dynamic html-remote-creator that generates an interface based on the command tree that can be triggered. so basically a script that makes something like vc-install\plugins\TCP\html\voxremote.html but dynamically...

i see really much potential in "mooding" such a thing.

-such as an easy interface creation for tablets, smartwatches, smartphones,... but i understand that there are many pitfalls ;)

- Just imagine commandhelp.html with an additional inputfield next to every command and a big save-button on bottom. you put in "answers" which are stored in an xml file thats used in a tts.speak confirmation attached to the command.

Now:
imagine letting your friends fill out that stuff remotely...

but why you may ask?

i have such a system integratet and a lot of friends who put a lot of humor in it which surprises me every day. but it involves too much manual handwork to create the form and get the files into the xml's...

ok - i think i also did my fair share of sidetracking in this thread now ;)...

so any news on this front may be helpful!